False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

I think you are on the right track, though with me about 34,000 is the limit. There are mods that add a lot more strings , such as my own sot. We are working on lowering that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, well I think it's a hopeless battle for me to reduce my strings atm because Beyond Skyrim: Bruma has just been released for SSE, and I don't want to do that on a completely new character with no other mods installed...oh well

Edit: Decided to start a new game since that's probably safest, but I can't get my string count down to below 40 000. Maybe I have to uninstall every single companion mod I have, plus Wet and Cold. Not really going to enjoy the game as much if I do though, and I have no idea exactly how many strings are added just by Bruma, I only know it must be a hell of a lot.

Edited by TheCruxis

Hm, well I think it's a hopeless battle for me to reduce my strings atm because Beyond Skyrim: Bruma has just been released for SSE, and I don't want to do that on a completely new character with no other mods installed...oh well

Edit: Decided to start a new game since that's probably safest, but I can't get my string count down to below 40 000. Maybe I have to uninstall every single companion mod I have, plus Wet and Cold. Not really going to enjoy the game as much if I do though, and I have no idea exactly how many strings are added just by Bruma, I only know it must be a hell of a lot.

It seems to add about 1500 to the starting number of strings.

Hey, you play the game and enjoy it. Do things to see if you can avoid aggravating the issue, but in the end, try not to let a bug that's possibly not resolvable without completely killing your fun. If you can play base skyrim and not ever get the bug, great. If you have certain mods that you absolutely love and can't do without (for me it's LAL, Convenient horses, cat followers, extra armor mods like Book of UUNP and OBIS/OBIS loot) then run those and play your game. Something eventually will get tweaked and people will nail down exactly what the problem is and exactly how to fix it. Beth may ninja a patch to resolve all of this in the next week or two, they may not. I'm not going to let this interfere with my game or my fun.

I just spent 2 full days readjusting my mods and going back to SE to play around from Oldrim only to have to fight a bloody CTD right outside of whiterun. Any time I turned the camera towards whiterun area I'd immediately CTD. I could run towards it, run away from it, run around it so long as I didn't look at it. I rebuilt all of my LODs, removed follower mods for a quick load and check, removed armors, forgotten dungeons and hidden hideouts, a few texture and grass mods, nothing seemed to help. Then I waited for 24 in game hours, and the issue moved to north of the little run down shack and behind fort greymoore. Disabled and re-enabled a bunch of mods and never did figure out the exact cause. So I just avoid that area in the meantime because I still enjoy this game, and still want to have fun in it.

Yeah it's a lot of stupid work for something that I shouldn't have to do, but I do it because this is still one of my favorite games of all time, at least until FO4 drags me back in.

As far as the earlier mod count, I run very close to the 255 mod limit, and then sometimes over. I had to use merge plugins and such in order to consolidate a lot of my mods (like RLO patches, 7 esp's for a single mod? Really?) and just did a few smaller merge jobs on my favorite followers (that would actually merge properly) and a few extra armor addons. So my ESP count right now is only 239. But I'm always consistently over 200.

I have 173 Mods installed so it's not a mod limit, but I think I know what it is. I'm starting to think it's mods we are using that required SKSE, but we crapped on a little to get it working for SSE.

For me I think mine would be Tania the Hermit, I probably have more as well; I just came up with this theory now so I haven't had a chance to start testing.

I'm also using SKY UI 2.2

I have 173 Mods installed so it's not a mod limit, but I think I know what it is. I'm starting to think it's mods we are using that required SKSE, but we crapped on a little to get it working for SSE.

For me I think mine would be Tania the Hermit, I probably have more as well; I just came up with this theory now so I haven't had a chance to start testing.

I'm also using SKY UI 2.2

That can't be it. I haven't installed a single mod requiring SKSE since I have simply presumed it will be incompatible with SSE. And most people have said it is unlikely to be a mod limit, I pointed out several times that I don't think it is. It has to do with the amount of strings and scripts in your save, at least that is the most plausible explanation so far. I also believe that installing or uninstalling mods mid game contributes to this error, as I have gotten it mostly on saves where I have tinkered around a lot with mods.

Edited by TheCruxis

I don't see any definitive information so far.

We don't know if the problem arises from the lack of SKSE, as no one can actually try to play with SKSE and see if it'll be fixed. And no one knows if we'll get new SKSE. As far as we know, no one is working on it. There are no information.
It doesn't look like the strings problem as it happens too early when we have half of the critical mass and have completely different symptoms (saves can be loaded just fine after restarting the game). Bug with strings in Oldrim wasn't observable in-game, but the saves with more that 65000 strings simply won't be able to load until "Skyrim fixes" from meh321 came to the rescue.

Some interesting things I read in this thread:
- Someone had this bug with no mods at all? If it's not a mistake, you can actually ask Bethesda for technical support. And maybe get it fixed.
- Someone has fixed the bug for themselves by validating Steam game installation. Don't know if it does anything other than deleting your DLL Loader, but...

- Someone had the bug with nearly no mods. Sort of supports the observation I had previously when vastly lighter mod setup gave me the bug.

I'm getting the software vibe from all of this. Like we have some other version of DirectX or something like that.
That's been said - the string problem in itself is real. And it will actually hit us if the string count grow too high, like it did in Oldrim.

Many Followers are script heavy and add a lot of strings. Sofia and Recorder are two which do not.

Many unofficial DCLs are script heavy and add a lot of strings. The Forgoten City and Beyond Reach are two which do not.

I have added mods to my build and am now up to 300 mods and 182 plugins with no problems so far. My starting string size is around 35,500.

Yup. The magic number seems to hover about 35,000 strings for se. Your findings reinforces the theory. Wish we had a tool to give us in game counts.