False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can confirm got the error on NMM less than five minutes ago.

Thanks, well that rules out Mod Organizers as the problem.

This image on the right is from a save of a 39 redguard from SSE, and on the right is a save from OLDRIM Redguard 15. Their does appear to be a string problem in SSE.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5F3QRkoLJGvUGlLMkJyNFl1WXM

Edited by phantompuck

I am using MO too, and SkyUI, and quite a fiew scipt heavy mods.

Interestingly it did not hit me until I found this thread yesterday that this was one bug with several consequences. I did tend to consider the issues with dialogue, messages disappearing and false save corruption as being seperate bugs, mainly looking for that one mod that would mess up the dialogue. Needless to say I was getting nowhere. Considering all these issues as one makes sense.

To summarize on what I have observed: I do have dialogue disappearing, and I can't speak to some NPCS, including my horse (I am using Convenient horses and the horse itself was added by Qaxe's Questorium), I do have empty messageboxes, mainly coming from Hunterborn, text on books does not appear unless they are in my inventory, and I do have the false corruption flags. Also when I can speak to an NPC the dialogue interface is misbehaved. It opens up slowly and navigating through the dialogue options is not as easy. It is worth noting to that when an NPC has no dialogue option showing up at all, it does not respond to verbal stimulation at all. But that I mean it is just silent and I don't get any "Hmmm" or "What do you need" default response.

I did suspect a problem with accessing data and therefore disabled my Antivirus. It did nothing.

It all seems to mainly affect user interface, though. That brings me to SkyUI. I have seen that some of you tried replacing SkyUI with QD Inventory, without much success. But did anyone try to remove SkyUI all together without replacing it with a very similar mod?

Actually I will try that now and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Just got the bug without using SkyUI or QD Inventory.

Edited by Edouard25

Success!

Kind of. I used to get the bug ~20 minutes into the game but with a few small-ish changes I made today I could play for an hour and the corruption never occured. It's likely that the save corruption will be back after 2 / 5 / 10 / 20 hours of gameplay but for now I'm quite pleased with the result. Here's what I did:

- removed two mods that I knew were SkyUI / SKSE dependant in Classic Skyrim (The Choice Is Yours and Predator Vision)

- removed every animation mod (FNIS, XPMSSE, Belt-Fastened Quivers, Pretty Combat Animations, Light Foot - Jumping Animation, D13 Faster Get Up Stand Up, No Heavy Muscular Walk and Idle, Dragon Anim Replacer)

- de-activated merged mods, I still had their unchecked ESPs in my load order (Hide inactive ESM / ESP is activated in MO2) - to clarify, I did not de-activate the merges themselves, just the plugins that were merged

And that's about it I believe. Exactly 390 mods with 203 plugins, the save after ~1h was 4,1MB big and had 37k strings and 5,4k scripts.

Hey tony while I have you here I have a question about your SOT sleeping mod. I've been able to use it even with the bug.

However, every time I get the "silver hand werewolf hunter" encounter while sleeping, no one is there. Used to be fine, but now no one shows up. Highwaymen and other encounters still work, but not the werewolf hunters, I can just go back to sleep and no one spawns.

Any idea why?

35,000 does not take into account temporary strings used while playing. This number is unknown, but seem to grow as you play.

It's not a hard cut number forged in stone. It's a rough guideline, and yes, the numbers do change depending on locations encountered in game, etc.

That's to say something like a third party program like Mod Organizer isn't putting a restriction on it for some reason. We need to know if anyone is still getting this with Nexus Mod Manager.

I use NMM almost exclusively, and yes, I have this issue.

Success!

Kind of. I used to get the bug ~20 minutes into the game but with a few small-ish changes I made today I could play for an hour and the corruption never occured. It's likely that the save corruption will be back after 2 / 5 / 10 / 20 hours of gameplay but for now I'm quite pleased with the result. Here's what I did:

- removed two mods that I knew were SkyUI / SKSE dependant in Classic Skyrim (The Choice Is Yours and Predator Vision)

- removed every animation mod (FNIS, XPMSSE, Belt-Fastened Quivers, Pretty Combat Animations, Light Foot - Jumping Animation, D13 Faster Get Up Stand Up, No Heavy Muscular Walk and Idle, Dragon Anim Replacer)

- de-activated merged mods, I still had their unchecked ESPs in my load order (Hide inactive ESM / ESP is activated in MO2) - to clarify, I did not de-activate the merges themselves, just the plugins that were merged

And that's about it I believe. Exactly 390 mods with 203 plugins, the save after ~1h was 4,1MB big and had 37k strings and 5,4k scripts.

Yeah, see I'm only level 10 for now... and I like my animation mods and stuff, and I do enjoy predator vision (currently tweaking an ENB around it ATM) BUT I also don't start getting these save issues normally until around level 30-35 ish. The first time I REALLY noticed it, I was actually doing the quests for M'risi, and the [REDACTED] just wouldn't talk to me for several minutes.

Most of my merged mods are specifically RLO patches (I loathe the idea a single mod has more than 2 ESP's) and a few random armor/weapon mods, so nothing seriously operation heavy. I did have a single merge that ran about 65 followers (just to get the idea about how it all works when I was first learning) and only about 2-3 of them had issues (duplicates walking around, some floating eyes and a couple texture issues) but ended up disabling most of them. Now if I could only figure out why my custom made follower's eye's aren't what I made them, and the face is all dark... and yes I did all the facegen stuff at least as well as I understood it.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

35,000 does not take into account temporary strings used while playing. This number is unknown, but seem to grow as you play.

It's not a hard cut number forged in stone. It's a rough guideline, and yes, the numbers do change depending on locations encountered in game, etc.

That's to say something like a third party program like Mod Organizer isn't putting a restriction on it for some reason. We need to know if anyone is still getting this with Nexus Mod Manager.

I use NMM almost exclusively, and yes, I have this issue.

Success!

Yeah, see I'm only level 10 for now... and I like my animation mods and stuff, and I do enjoy predator vision (currently tweaking an ENB around it ATM) BUT I also don't start getting these save issues normally until around level 30-35 ish. The first time I REALLY noticed it, I was actually doing the quests for M'risi, and the [REDACTED] just wouldn't talk to me for several minutes.

Most of my merged mods are specifically RLO patches (I loathe the idea a single mod has more than 2 ESP's) and a few random armor/weapon mods, so nothing seriously operation heavy. I did have a single merge that ran about 65 followers (just to get the idea about how it all works when I was first learning) and only about 2-3 of them had issues (duplicates walking around, some floating eyes and a couple texture issues) but ended up disabling most of them. Now if I could only figure out why my custom made follower's eye's aren't what I made them, and the face is all dark... and yes I did all the facegen stuff at least as well as I understood it.

Regarding the follower mod:

• If you have removed the esp from your load order mid playthrough make sure to clean your save using ReSaver. Followers do tend to carry lots of scripts that would be embeded in your save
  • The dark face issue is probably a load order problem. A mod might be loaded after your follower mod and edits the same character or attribute, resulting in a dark face bug. You can identify which one by loading your entire load order in SSEEdit, going to your follower mod esp and in the NPC section check overwrites. If another mod overwrites it, simply make sure to place your follower mod after that overwriting mod in your load order.

Regarding the follower mod:

• If you have removed the esp from your load order mid playthrough make sure to clean your save using ReSaver. Followers do tend to carry lots of scripts that would be embeded in your save
  • The dark face issue is probably a load order problem. A mod might be loaded after your follower mod and edits the same character or attribute, resulting in a dark face bug. You can identify which one by loading your entire load order in SSEEdit, going to your follower mod esp and in the NPC section check overwrites. If another mod overwrites it, simply make sure to place your follower mod after that overwriting mod in your load order.

1) Always do.

2) Nope, not the issue. It seems to be something with my inability to understand certain steps in the creation of the follower. I've done the ctrl+f4, copied facegeom, to suposedly bypass the bugs of the 64-ck, but nothing I've tried works. My new follower esp is always at the bottom of the load order, and I can also adjust the settings and they always reflect in game, but with a gray/black overlay on the face, and not to mention the eyes I'm telling it to use shows in the nifskope thing, but never in game. The char looks absolutely nothing like my char, who I saved the face profile from.

I've increased my carry weight excessively, I have a ton of junk in my inventory I haven't sold off yet. I know a lot of people get annoyed with carry weight as well. Do you think this problem may come from having to much in your inventory?

Game has to save the details of every item held somewhere.