Construction Set

kosmerm

Yeah... At least for the first 30 days.

/joke hahaha, nah, the Creation Kit will be free, and we know that mod authors can choose if they want to upload their stuff to Steam or not. We also know that there will be free mods in Steam Workshop (in case you want to use that instead of Nexus or simply the mod you want is only on the Workshop).

What we DONT know if there will be mods for sale in the Workshop. Im saying that probably yes (i dont see any other reason for going through the trouble of making the CK function with the Workshop, and i dont digg that "its just for having a simple way to download and install mods" It seems too much hassle for very little in return, for Beth at least), but nobody knows for sure.

It would be a total spit in the Face if they would put a fee on it.

First, Beth messed up the game for PC, and then charge people who wanna try to fix it through Mods?

No, i dont see that coming, after all we talk about Zenimax/Bethesda and not Activision or EA.

I tend to view the use of Steam Workshop as a download medium for mods as Bethesdas way of trying to get approval for mod transfer to the consoles. If they can show that there is a system in place which would allow people to install mods without any technical knowlege, their one step closer to harmonising the content between the PC and consoles.

Attaching fees would only hurt the usage, meaning that they wouldn't get the same reaction and the 'experement' would be less sucessful.

It would be a total spit in the Face if they would put a fee on it.

First, Beth messed up the game for PC, and then charge people who wanna try to fix it through Mods?

No, i dont see that coming, after all we talk about Zenimax/Bethesda and not Activision or EA.

Not exactly like that. Think something like YouTube's Partner program, but, once you chose to become a partner, Beth puts a price on your mod.

Like they said, not every mod has to be on Steam, and some mods on steam will be free (we dont know if part of them, or all of them, they didnt said).

Complex mods arent exactly small and the hosting must be paid. And i dun see steam saying "Here is your page, whatever the site earn from the ads it will go to you, and with that you pay us!" That doesnt works. Well, actually it works, but it would be too nice lol Im looking more at a situation where Steam offers the site, the servers, keeps whatever they earn from the ads (if there are ads, i dunno how the workshop will work, maybe just Bethesda ads), and Bethesda makes the whole thing in a way that earns some money for them and Steam.

Bashing, what bashing? Please, quote it if you can. One of the steps for not creating a good ambient for trolling is avoiding pointing fingers to anyone for no reason. Edited by eltucu

Bashing, what bashing? Please, quote it if you can.

It will get to that point really quickly, especially with all the speculating that's already happening here. :thumbsup:

bashing/speculating, speculating/bashing, they go hand in hand! :laugh:

Paid mods on Steam, and Steam only? I can see that happening. Why? Because Steam is a closed system (thus can be controled), whilst Nexus et al are open systems (driven by the community and thus uncontrolable).

A spit in the face indeed, as stated above by Imiona. Not the first spit though, and not the last one either (greed and lust of corporate bastards always wins).

And it seems so that I predict such a commercialized move to end in fail. Why?

Reason one: Steam community lack the creative potential to produce quality mods (since a strong, established community is aready rooted here, on the Nexus).

Reason two: torrents, warez scene, you know the story.

Edited by Jenistos