Construction Set

kosmerm

SwampyTroll has my vote.

If he runs for president, be scared, for he speaks COMMON SENSE.

Seriously, the ball is in valves court now, Zenimaz probbably signed an agreement for the steamworkshop and in return they get to stick their game on steam.

Or something, I dont know.

As john lennon once said, give peace a chance, stop the fighting and wait for the CK, please, brother and sister modders? <3

@swampytroll

Just want to clear up something before I rest... PC users are not forced to buy Bethesda games from Steam, they can purchase the games from a number of digital sources as well as disk based installs from brick and mortar outlets. Even if you are buying the Bethesda game through Steam, you are not buying the game from Valve, you are using their service (Steam) to purchase it from Bethesda. Yes, all PC users are forced to "validate" their legal copy through Steam, which is providing a service to Bethesda to handle the DRM, as well as a service to sell and distribute a digital copy of the game. Of course, they get a cut of the proceeds, that's the way distribution works.

Yes, you are forced to purchase Bethesda DLC through Steam, again, as a DRM control. And again, you are not purchasing a Valve product, you are purchasing a Bethesda product from the Steam store.

You are also very mistaken when you assume that Bethesda has no power over Valve when it comes to their IP. Contracts are very large and complex, and legally binding. Valve won't be bulldogging one of the largest Multimedia giants in the world, I can say that with 100% truth.

You can disagree with my conclusion(s) all you want, the bottom line is that I have some experience dealing with both Valve and Bethesda on a business level, and, I have worked in the industry for a very long time for quite a few large developers.

I'm not going to continue to debate this, as you have no real hard data to support any of your supposition. I know what I know because I have been on the inside of the industry for possibly as long or longer than you may have even been alive. You are free to believe what you want, of course, my only goal was to bring some sense and reality to the madness of all the speculation.

So, believe what you want to believe, you will no matter what I or anyone else may say that doesn't align with your vision of the matter. :thumbsup:

Bealtaine gréine solas i gcónaí do chosáin! :)

Do not assume my opinion cannot be changed. There have been situations when I've been persuaded away from one side of an argument. Not everyone on the internet is an ass.

I know it's not a Valve product. But I'm now starting to question the validity of your statements. If you really have been in the positions you say you were, then I'm sure you would be preaching to different people.

Bethesda isn't able to make full decisions on Skyrim. Everything they want to release through Steam has to go through Valve, keep that in mind. Skyrim for PC is available through Steam only, anything else is piracy. Sure, you can buy the product through various means, but in the end, it's still through Steam.

Now, why do you keep reminding me that Skyrim is not a Valve product? I'm aware that it's not. If it was, there'd be a Valve logo on it. Part of the revenue is going to Valve, though. Bethesda is NOT directly distributing the games.

I know I have no "real hard data" as you put it. I already said it's speculation. But after observing past actions, I was able to think up a very likely outcome. Now, I do see you throwing around your "experience" a lot. Be specific, what exactly did you do? You've been a little vague.

+1 Sunnie

So, now you're attacking Sunnie's credibility... Just because you can't accept that you might be wrong, and that what he/she says, makes real sense, regardless of credibility.

If it were me in your position, I would hope that I'm wrong about all this CK business.

Trolls will be trolls.

Edited by Ganon2020

+1 Sunnie

So, now you're attacking Sunnie's credibility... Just because you can't accept that you might be wrong, and that what he/she says, makes real sense, regardless of credibility.

If it were me in your position, I would hope that I'm wrong about all this CK business.

Trolls will be trolls.

If your argument is based around a single fact, you should probably get rid of any disbelief towards it, now shouldn't you? ;)

Keep in mind, I've said it's speculation. That MEANS I might be wrong.

Yes, this bloody CK situation is shitty. And I hope that I am wrong and that it is sunshine and ponies... Well, actually, I hope it tanks. I'd rather video game companies not get quite so involved with modding.