Making a gun consume more than one ammo per shot

JackRob

I haven't seen this question around so I'd thought I would ask: Is there a way to make a gun consume more than one ammo from its magazine per shot? This was used quite well in New Vegas to balance certain unique Energy weapons and I would also like to use this attribute in Fallout 4.

I know of a way to make a script to tell a gun to remove extra ammo from the inventory every time it fires, but would very much prefer it to be taken directly from the magazine, which to me is the hardest part to figure out. Or, taking the Fusion Core for example, be able to damage the battery's health in a weapon per shot (again pointing to the magazine is the part that's hard to figure out). If anyone knows how to script this or even seen a mod utilizing this feature, I would like to know and it would be very much appreciated.

Edited by JackRob

• 5 months later...

Same question. It was also in CK for Fallout 3. I guess Bethesda forgot to do this. Some weapon would have it (Laser sniper rifle or else). But Bethesda simply reduced mag capacity (Fusion cell)

Edited by orangedeal

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure this would be something where we have to wait for a F4SE function. If at some point we get a way to modify the fusion core charge, you could do it at least for the gatling laser. Normal weapons would need another function.