Trinity Restored

Lehcar

Blast and damnation why do I always run into these horrible, terrible glitches?

Well it appears the quest is broken, and I don't know what to do. After getting the Nightingale armor and having the conversation with Karliah about joining the Nightingales, her and Brynjolf repeat the same dialogue they had before the conversation. Brynjolf walks up to the gate that we need to go through and just stand there and can't be interacted with. Karliah just turns around and walks right out of the temple and can't be interacted with. Can't interact with the pull chain that is supposed to open the door.

Google search turned up no solutions. Is there any solution?

Ugh, that's it. I'm restarting the whole game with my Altmer character and I'm not playing the Thieves Guild quest line ever again. This is absolute rubbish.

Happened to me also, but thankfully the fix is pretty simple.

Replay thru the conversation w/ Brynolff and Karliah (right before she's supposed to open the gate), but this time stand on the other side of them (with the gate and pull chain behind you).

If you on the side of her closer to the gate, she will actually open it like she is supposed to. But if you stay on the side of the room where you entered, she just walks back down the hall and dissapears.

Don't give up on the guild just yet, this should be the last bug in the questline, your'e almost done.

Edit; Here's where i found the fix - UESP Wiki

Edited by eric31415