Nightingales

Lehcar

So, what, I (am forced to) become a Nightingale and essentially I am now owned by this Nocturnal daedra? And then I must serve her after death... so I'm basically selling my soul to her and I'll be her prisoner in death eventually? Don't like any of that. Edited by Lehcar

Yeah I also found it a little strange that you couldn't opt out of that, guess we just gotta wait for the CK on that one.

Seeing as I pledged my loyalty to all the Daedric Princes; in the end it should be one hell of a epic battle over my characters soul.

I guess your character could always get Odahviing to fly u back to the portal to Sovngarde before you die, thus cheating both the Daedra and Death itself. :whistling:

It gets even more confusing if you do the Dark Brotherhood and Companion quests

To sum up, if you don't cure your lycanthropy, your soul ends up being simultaniously:

* Owned by several Daedra (Daedric quests)

* Sent to protect the Twilight Spelucher and then turned into the shadows (Theives Guild quests)

* Part of the Wild Hunt (Companion quests)

* Sent to Sovangard (As a hero should)

* And totally obliterated (Because you're the Listener)

I like to think you can pay them all off with your spare Dragon Souls.

The Listener's soul is not obliterated; when one of Sithis's followers dies, they go to swim in the void at his feet.

Thats something of a quasi-religious explination, however, as we know Sithis is another name for Padomay, and as such is less of an entity and more of a primal force.

As for where your soul goes, its generally assumed that your character is capable of acheiving CHIM. In this case, they go wherever they want, regardless of what pacts theyve made.

The Listener's soul is not obliterated; when one of Sithis's followers dies, they go to swim in the void at his feet.

As for where your soul goes, its generally assumed that your character is capable of acheiving CHIM. In this case, they go wherever they want, regardless of what pacts theyve made.

This I guess. I mean the last champion did become a Daedric Prince, although I think it was forced on him.

Thats something of a quasi-religious explination, however, as we know Sithis is another name for Padomay, and as such is less of an entity and more of a primal force.

Sithis is the physical embodiment of the soul of Padomay, not Padomay itself.

Also no, your character is not assumed to be able to achieve CHIM only Vivec and Tiber have.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Sithis is the physical embodiment of the soul of Padomay, not Padomay itself.

Also no, your character is not assumed to be able to achieve CHIM only Vivec and Tiber have.

The physical emboydyment of the soul? I'm pretty sure thats an oxymoron... Still, Sithis may be the sentience of Padomay. Either way, i think the whole Dark Brotherhood quasi-religious interpretation of what happens after death should be takne with a grain of salt.

As for CHIM. the whole convept was created soley to explain the functioning of the COnstruction Set within the context of the universe. As each game since Morrowind has contained such a modding tool (Or will, whenever Beth gets off their fannies) and they have been widely used, the general assumption is that the Nerevarine and the Champion have both acheived CHIM (The Champion just likes being a crazy Deadr apparently) and the Dragonborn has the potential.

The physical emboydyment of the soul? I'm pretty sure thats an oxymoron... Still, Sithis may be the sentience of Padomay. Either way, i think the whole Dark Brotherhood quasi-religious interpretation of what happens after death should be takne with a grain of salt.

As for CHIM. the whole convept was created soley to explain the functioning of the COnstruction Set within the context of the universe. As each game since Morrowind has contained such a modding tool (Or will, whenever Beth gets off their fannies) and they have been widely used, the general assumption is that the Nerevarine and the Champion have both acheived CHIM (The Champion just likes being a crazy Deadr apparently) and the Dragonborn has the potential.

Well Padomy isn't anything but a force of nature, it has no form, Sithis is the avatar of the force. Also the spirit of Lucian made me change from your view, which I did originally believe.

It was never implied anywhere that Nerevar or the CoC achieved CHIM. The COC mantled Sheogorath, mantling =/= CHIM, and Nerevar suppoedly went to akavair.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000