[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Folks have to remember that something like this takes allot of time to do and we must have patience. If you want it that bad play oldrim till it's ported over. After all the folks for which are doing it are doing it for free on their own time. But they also work and have lives and families just like most of the rest of us here. Personally I've got enough mods to work with currently As well as a bunch of music files to convert for my new phone that I'm not worrying about Skyse I figure when it's

ready to be downloaded I'll be ready for it. Patience GrassHopper

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a gross mischaractization to say that the people expressing their concerns are just children that 'want it now.' Skyrim is well into it's seinor years and is not aquiring new players or modders, comparatively speaking, and the number of people that do still have an interest in it is always diminishing.

[br]

For me personally, I wont play skyrim without requiem, and I would understand why the requiem team would forgo spending the amount of time it would take to port their mod when fewer and fewer people are playing the game, which I suspect may be a similar sentiment felt by the sskse team.

[br]

That being said, it's not an issue of "I want it now," because I already have a great skyrim install. The only thing skyrim SE has to offer is more stability as far as I can tell. And if you REALLY want people to lose interest, shutting down the conversation revolving around this is an excellent way of going about that.

Edited by hairfugazi

don't blame the skse team. blame bethesda not to integrate the skse in their special edition or give silverlock all informations and resoruces they need.

Who to blame or not... no work has been done on skse64 for months. Skyrim is old and losing players constantly. But i guess it's also that "spring/weather gets better stuff". I'm sure if skse64 is done, people will come back again. They only won't, if Bethesda releases the sucessor of Skyrim before SKSE64 is online. I think that won't happen. So we can only be patient and wait. Good thing: Some players will get faster PCs (RX 480 or GTX 1060/70/80 ) this year and might want to mod their skyrim se on their new machine.

Regardless of all the rhetoric here, nothing constructive is going on. Just a lot of expression of disappointment and motivation, and a lot of people trying to justify their positions over everybody elses. Nothing good is becoming of it.

And your contribution has accomplished...?

I could be mistaken about this. But, I'm not sure that Behippo was part of the original builds team. If he could pick it up and make good progress (when he was active) so could someone else.

You are mistaken.

behippo has been there since the beginning of SKSE, and I'm pretty sure was heavily involved in OBSE, FOSE and NVSE before that.

Fair enough. He has written posts that sound like someone assessing the project for the first time. But, I may have misread.

I agree Old Nick - most of the people complaining are just acting like little kids.

I don't believe this topic is still going. The update happened on April 1st. People just cannot get it through their heads this is going to take time. In my mind it is completely disrespectful to say "If you aren't going to work on it give it to someone that will".

READ the pages, quit calling for someone else to do the work and just chill out. I'm sure if some of these people complain enough this will make the team work quicker on it. Perhaps if they stomp their feet and threaten to hold their breath this will make the team work quicker too!

/Sarcasm

It's a game, just a game. Go play something else and read the comments that elucidate the issue. I wish this topic was cleansed of comments and any comment by the SKSE team including behippo or ianpatt could be stickied just by themselves without the 49 pages of "Boo Hoo we can't play SSE without SKSE".

Kudos Old Nick, keep bringing the truth to these youngsters.

:wink:

It may be disrespectful in your mind. But, it is not disrespectful in reality for people to want a certain kind of mod regardless of who builds it.

Why does an extender have to be built by Behippo?

I play Skyrim SE just fine with the S.E.P.T.I.M. Load-out while I wait for SKSE64 to come out. I don't understand these people either. The I want it all and I want it now generation just cannot be appeased it seems.

What objection do you have over someone building an extender when the original team doesn't have time to do so?

Folks have to remember that something like this takes allot of time to do and we must have patience. If you want it that bad play oldrim till it's ported over. After all the folks for which are doing it are doing it for free on their own time. But they also work and have lives and families just like most of the rest of us here. Personally I've got enough mods to work with currently As well as a bunch of music files to convert for my new phone that I'm not worrying about Skyse I figure when it's

ready to be downloaded I'll be ready for it. Patience GrassHopper

There are mod authors that also make things for free on their own time. What is wrong with them wanting to find collaborators that can work on an extender now?

I think it's a gross mischaractization to say that the people expressing their concerns are just children that 'want it now.' Skyrim is well into it's seinor years and is not aquiring new players or modders, comparatively speaking, and the number of people that do still have an interest in it is always diminishing.

[br]

For me personally, I wont play skyrim without requiem, and I would understand why the requiem team would forgo spending the amount of time it would take to port their mod when fewer and fewer people are playing the game, which I suspect may be a similar sentiment felt by the sskse team.

[br]

That being said, it's not an issue of "I want it now," because I already have a great skyrim install. The only thing skyrim SE has to offer is more stability as far as I can tell. And if you REALLY want people to lose interest, shutting down the conversation revolving around this is an excellent way of going about that.

Yep. I made this same decision myself. At some point, modders trend toward waiting for new game releases rather than investing time into last years model.

don't blame the skse team. blame bethesda not to integrate the skse in their special edition or give silverlock all informations and resoruces they need.

I can agree with this. Bethesda really should have added the SKSE functions, at least in FO4.

Please lock this thread.

Why can't you simply choose not to read it?

<snip>

I play Skyrim SE just fine with the S.E.P.T.I.M. Load-out while I wait for SKSE64 to come out. I don't understand these people either. The I want it all and I want it now generation just cannot be appeased it seems.

What objection do you have over someone building an extender when the original team doesn't have time to do so?

<snip>

I have no objections if someone else wants to try. More power to them, but I can wait for the original. Barring my death, our self-destruction, or other cataclysmic event, I have the time.

Thank you. Though, I don't get the impression that the latest posters hadn't already seen that info?

Maybe I got the wrong idea but I read some comments like "breaking the silence" and "march is gone, still waiting". So I thought people missed IanPatt's update, plus the one on the official page.

​But there's always the possibility that they wrote it because they like to complain about the time it takes, or how rude people can be or whatever. It's a thing here really!