[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

@ is that serious that they dont take money? Then I wonder why that is. I can imagine that there is thousands of people siting and waiting for skse64 and many as me is probably willing to pay for the value it will bring.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ is that serious that they dont take money? Then I wonder why that is. I can imagine that there is thousands of people siting and waiting for skse64 and many as me is probably willing to pay for the value it will bring.

Oh my GOD!!!! The reason why there are 80+ pages in this thread is because no one is going back and reading anything. That exact question has been directly and accurately answered at least 5 times now, along with any other question that has already and will again pop up. I want to keep notifications on for this thread for useful things, not for stupid (stupid because of the repetition) questions.

Also yes it appears that the original skse team has found better things to do to support their families, but that doesn't mean that skse64 is dead. Yes it will take a while because new hands are taking a go at it, but Jesus, be patient, and most importantly, look and see if the answer to your question is already here before you ask again. You'll probably find your answer faster than you will get a genuine response anyway.

On another note... while skse team can't take any money because of contacts they signed with the companies they work for, since there are a couple of people looking for qualified people to help complete skse64, I am completely on board with funding a truly qualified programmer, to sit down and finish it instead of random people taking a stab at it and realizing it's harder than they thought.

Edited by xxTroupexx

Oh my GOD!!!! The reason why there are 80+ pages in this thread is because no one is going back and reading anything. That exact question has been directly and accurately answered at least 5 times now, along with any other question that has already and will again pop up. I want to keep notifications on for this thread for useful things, not for stupid (stupid because of the repetition) questions.

Also yes it appears that the original skse team has found better things to do to support their families, but that doesn't mean that skse64 is dead. Yes it will take a while because new hands are taking a go at it, but Jesus, be patient, and most importantly, look and see if the answer to your question is already here before you ask again. You'll probably find your answer faster than you will get a genuine response anyway.

On another note... while skse team can't take any money because of contacts they signed with the companies they work for, since there are a couple of people looking for qualified people to help complete skse64, I am completely on board with funding a truly qualified programmer, to sit down and finish it instead of random people taking a stab at it and realizing it's harder than they thought.

I get what you are saying, but you cant expect everyone to read 82 pages to find some information, that will take me hours. So yeah, its not ideal, but I do it to save time.;)

Back on topic, thanks for the info, funding a qualified programmer is a good idea.

Well, since SKSE64 is dead and buried, it looks like I'll have to stick with the infinitely-more-unstable Oldrim. I just wish the team would be honest and update their Silverlock page to reflect this information since it's still (apparently falsely) stating that they're working on it.

Someone should probably contact TESRenewal and let them know to cancel their Special Edition plans, as well.

Has there been any thought to opening up the project in git (or whatever code repository is being used)? I bet there are several people watching this thread who have the necessary tools and reverse engineering experience to help move this along. In addition there are a bunch of excellent programmers here who can help with adding functions.

We get request emails quite frequently, but we haven't had anyone with the motivation AND the skill set requirements. Programming isn't what we need for SKSE64, we need reverse engineers who understand x86/x64 assembly and C++ structure alignment. I don't believe switching to git would bring anymore people in. It would likely just bring in more need for management (i.e. Peer Reviews).

If you're interested in contributing your reverse engineering skills, all you have to do is submit a few alignment fixed classes to show us that you're capable. You don't even need to know x64/x86 for this, you just need to understand structure alignments and C++, this is essentially where I started 6 years ago.

Here's some classes I'm confident are broken strictly from alignment shifts:

EffectSetting

TESRace

TESNPC

TESObjectWEAP

TESObjectARMA

ActiveEffect

You don't need to fix any utility classes e.g. tArray, these are already fixed, you should correct the offsets in the comments on the right as is our convention.

I suggest you pin this post to your website (http://skse.silverlock.org/) because it looks like you really need new developers and so people don't have to look into thread "archives" to know they can contribute.

Edited by PouletFurtif

Anyone knows when DynDoLOD will be officially released for SE? Any issues (potential to brake the game) to expect when using the beta?

BTW: SKSE64 will be released end of this year. Expect a timeframe between october and december.

I am pretty sure we won't see skse64 soon or this year and i would not be surprised if it will take much longer.

If you look at the time and work spend on the 32 bit version, you know its going to be a challenge to get it done.

Hell i would not even be surprised if there will never be a 64bit version.

Most developers strand on 64 bit developing.

Why do you think most programs are not really 64bit but just have been altered to run on the 64 bit os as a 32bit program.

For instance many office programs, it simple if a program does not need a buttload of memory its probably a 32 bit version which installs in the x86 program folder.

Check for yourself how many programs are installed in there ;), those are all just 32 bit programs ....

However i think if that would be done with skse it probably would fail, because i am pretty sure more and more programs would demand more memory to work with.

I am actually surprised that they made a beta at all this year.

Actually one of the big reasons a lot of programs are still 32-bit is because people who took the upgrade path from 32-bit versions of windows (and perhaps winxp-x64) are still on x32, and many of them don't realize that. For games the 360 and ps3 were both 32-bit so games had to restrict themselves to 32-bit features anyway. Now many programs are switching to x64 only. Office actually has an x64 version btw. My machine is running around 90% x64 programs at the moment.

You don't have to alter 32-bit programs to run on a 64-bit OS. Hell all modern x86_64 CPUs will even run old 16-bit real-mode programs if you try hard enough. What you do need is a set of 32-bit libraries.

Well, since SKSE64 is dead and buried, it looks like I'll have to stick with the infinitely-more-unstable Oldrim. I just wish the team would be honest and update their Silverlock page to reflect this information since it's still (apparently falsely) stating that they're working on it.

Someone should probably contact TESRenewal and let them know to cancel their Special Edition plans, as well.

No. It's not. F4SE is being updated by largely the same team members plus an extra. Maybe when they get a full release of F4SE down (I'm talking about a fully supported release), they'll start working on F4SE. You have to be patient. Script extenders don't happen overnight, especially when the team members work full-time jobs. Doing all of this just in their spare time is quite a feat indeed.