⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Delete this stread skse64 is abandonded. When willa new team make skse64?

Never. The actual script extender team needed to get permission from both Bethesda and STEAM to allow reverse engineering and the ability to hook into their executable, based upon mutual trust, due to the script extender team's efforts going back to early Morrowind days. That came with NDA and other conditions. It won't happen again.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never. The actual script extender team needed to get permission from both Bethesda and STEAM to allow reverse engineering and the ability to hook into their executable, based upon mutual trust, due to the script extender team's efforts going back to early Morrowind days. That came with NDA and other conditions. It won't happen again.

The solution, then, is for people wanting to help in and join to submit their work to key contacts of the official team. Those would seem to be, first, Qazyhn and second, schlangster. An email sent directly to ianpatt or behippo might not get a timely, or any, response. Whereas Qazyhn and schlangster would have the clout to review the work and submit it higher up.

I appreciate that schlangster is somewhat detached from this project at present, so best to contact Qazyhn.

In additon, I want to quote from Zmhm from the Reddit thread I started earlier:

You could make a nonprofit entity, and we can donate to that. The developers would work for free for the nonprofit, but the nonprofit hires others as well. Those developers working under contract volunteer for this nonprofit. And if the nonprofit provides free food, massages, and other goodies for its "volunteers" so much the better.

Is this bulshit? No. Seriously, There's a disabled veteran out there, or kid on chemo who derives enjoyment from playing Skyrim or modding. The best way to help/thank him or her is by doing the best with what god gave us in the service of others. And for some people, that talent is making SKSE64.

Edited by aristotle99

ClassInformer does not work very well for x64 RTTI. I ended up reading clang's MSVC codegen code. Also IDA is not something I can afford.

Also it's not like I'm trying to make my own version of skse. I'm trying to find offsets and send them to the skse team.

No, it's working perfectly.

Delete this stread skse64 is abandonded. When willa new team make skse64?

Never is a word that has no real bearring in the modding scene as history has shown.

Edited by TheDungeonDweller

I am confused about this. Is there or is there not a skyrim script extender for skyrim special edition?

If not, why are there so many mods available for special edition if we can't use them?

I am confused about this. Is there or is there not a skyrim script extender for skyrim special edition?

If not, why are there so many mods available for special edition if we can't use them?

Currently there is no script extender for Special Edition. None of the released mods need it. Any that previously required it, for things like the mcm menu, have been modified to use another method of configuration. Typically popup message boxes with multiple answers.

Trypal7, on 25 May 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Currently there is no script extender for Special Edition. None of the released mods need it. Any that previously required it, for things like the mcm menu, have been modified to use another method of configuration. Typically popup message boxes with multiple answers.

Or mods that needed SkSE have had there functionality reduced. They no longer have the same features as when the could use SKSE. Which is to some point why there is still a bit of interest for a new SKSE.