[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Behippo, not sure if this may help you and the team or not, but in your version of Visual Studio that you guys use try using the Refactor feature. Its literally a freaking godsend as i just discovered what it does in my Cert. IV course in Computer Programming. It allows selecting one variable and then replacing every other instance of that variable with whatever you need. Say you need to change all the Uint32 variables to Uint64, you can select one random Uint32 variable, use the Refactor tool to save you scrolling through a minefield of code to find each individual instance of Uint32 and replace them all with Uint64 in a few clicks.

I'm using Visual Studio Professional 2012 in my course so im not sure if it has changed in your version but the Refactor feature is located in insertfilnamehere.xaml.cs (<- this is just an example of what I'm working on in my course atm, I know SKSE uses C++ and a metric tonne of voids and hooks and whatnot to make it work.) > click on something that needs replacing/editing > in the menu select Edit > find Refactor and hover over it > click Rename > help yourself to whatever is in the New Name box and make sure the "Preview reference changes" tick box is clicked > click OK when you're ready > click Apply when the preview pops up and all is well > enjoy a smoother and lighter workflow. :smile:

It would make the team's lives more easier in terms of workloads, but I'm guessing you already knew about this as you'd be at a higher level of knowledge in coding than me so sorry if I come as an idiot telling you what to do as I wasn't intending that and I'm going to shut up now lol. :wallbash: :sweat: :laugh:

Edited by SantinoMastrangioli1

so rumor has it that SKSE64 shall go open beta next week, but without everything that was planned to be. for the best if true imo

Source of the rumour?

"Beta version of SKSE64 should be out end of this month. We don't yet know if it holds the required code for SkyUI, or if that code will be ported in stable version." https://steamcommuni...11913390643151/

This was posted a few pages back and on reddit. Not sure if that is a dev or not, so I don't know the legitimacy of it.

Edited by Zeridian

"Beta version of SKSE64 should be out end of this month. We don't yet know if it holds the required code for SkyUI, or if that code will be ported in stable version." https://steamcommuni...11913390643151/

This was posted a few pages back and on reddit. Not sure if that is a dev or not, so I don't know the legitimacy of it.

I saw that was posted on Steam by somebody named Ilja. Anybody know who that is? He may not know any more about this than we do, which is not much.

I saw that was posted on Steam by somebody named Ilja. Anybody know who that is? He may not know any more about this than we do, which is not much.

That's what I suspect. The team is probably just quietly working and no one knows for sure until they finally release it. That's usually how most professional developers I know operate.

Edited by Zeridian

Ilja is a well respected member of the Steam skyrim community and has done good work at documenting things there. So Ilja has a better than average chance of knowing something to back up the post. However without actual documentation of his source it would still qualify as rumor. Better to stick with, you will see SKSE 64 when you see SKSE 64.

That's what I suspect. The team is probably just quietly working and no one knows for sure until they finally release it. That's usually how most professional developers I know operate.

I've kept 100% quiet about SKSE64 until now, what I've done in the mean time? Played SSE with whichever mods available for a while. But now I've Rolled back into Oldrim, facing all the bugs mem leaks and instabilities SE "fixed", but then again, each time I mod Oldrim it's a one-weeks "job" of fine-tuning and tweaking mods one by one, finding compatibility, testing load orders and trying to uncover deceitful glitches that happen for the most bizarre reasons (like the good old invisible objects in Oldrim, engine's fault, fixable but nearly impossible to actually do it). So, since I knew that rolling back into Oldrim would take a lot of time and effort, I've delayed it until I couldn't find any assurance about SKSE 64 and SkyUI getting done at any point in foreseeable future. Tbh with all of you, I doubt it's coming out anytime soon, which means, to me at least, that I won't probably ever see it because it's unlikely that I'll keep playing Skyrim for much longer (owned it for years now, played it countless times, bled my eyes trying to make stable heavily modded playthroughs, etc.) Altho SE sparkled the will to play again, that won't last much longer, and seeing as things are going (specially the silence) have pointed me towards Oldrim for the full experience instead of the half-arsed experience I was getting from SE due to the lack of "essential" mods .

Anyway, I am really thankful for the mods and community, but as I've said earlier, tbh I don't believe SKSE 64 will be around before I get tired of Skyrim again...

Edited by Guest