DAI Mod Manager doesn't "see" DAI .exe in folder to set paths

FastBlackCat

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've downloaded everything I need for the mods that I want, but I do NOT have a dragonageinquisition.exe file ANYWHERE in my computer. I've looked high and low, but it's not there. I downloaded DA:I through Origin and I even "repaired" the game, but it's not there. I guess I might have to uninstall and reinstall it again. I'd really hate to do that though.

I'm also having the problem that it's loading the wrong Keep as well. I don't know how to fix that either.

attachicon.gif2017-11-06.png

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've downloaded everything I need for the mods that I want, but I do NOT have a dragonageinquisition.exe file ANYWHERE in my computer.

Yes, you are doing something wrong. If you're playing DAI, you *do* have "dragonageinquisition.exe" on your PC. There's simply no other way it's possible to play the game (unless you pirated it. And even then...)

It's found here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition", and the only way it's anywhere else is if you explicitly configured EA/Origin to store EA games elsewhere.

[EDIT: If, (God forbid!) you're still running a 32-bit version of Windows, drop the "(x86)" from the above path.]

Edited by Thandal
Clarification.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im having a problem with the mod manager finding the path to the game or some sort of problem, when i browse for the path to the game and set it, my Disc go's to 100% and in task manager it says that the mod manager is not responding. appreciate any help.

It uses windows Explorer to browse, so this issue is with Explorer, not DAIMM.

I've usually fixed these sort of issues in two ways, either just wait, and eventually (upto 5 minutes), Explorer will usually start responding.

Alternatively, use task manager to restart Explorer.

You need to click the more details button in W10, if using W7 you may need a more useful 3rd party Task Manager, I use Process Hacker 2.

Try restarting the Windows Explorer App, but that may not help.

If not, you need to scroll down to the Bottom, and restart the Windows Explorer Background Process, listed under Windows Processes section.

That restarts the Desktop, and Taskbar. This usually fixes these Explorer issues, but if not Restarting the PC is the next step.

If you still get the same error, after that

Make sure .NET Framework 4, and DAIMM are repaired/reinstalled, that's all I can suggest, as if none of that works the issue is with your PC, not DAIMM.