Ankh-Morpork in Skyrim.

muttiniraq

Ankh-Morpork in Skyrim  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

If you are going to do this, which I highly recommend since the graphic engine for Skyrim is perfect for this project, you need to scrutinize all of the available books (which I have). This also includes "The Art of Discworld" by Paul Kidby (a must have for any fan) and the Tiffany Aching books (Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, Wintersmith and the less than stellar I Shall Wear Midnight), as well as the side story "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents". There are also some great stories in "Once More *with footnotes" to use for location and character creation. Lastly, the "Map of Ank-Morpork" is very helpful for the layout of the city. BTW, don't forgot the Fool's Guild. Since Skyrim has the Cicero character and outfit, there is already a basis for jesters, though you would need to make clown characters as well.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That expands it too much for now, I think the goal is to start with the Mended Drum and then build outward.

If we try and start too big or too detailed, it will never get off the ground.

Though, I along with everyone else are curious about the status of the Mended Drum.....

Finally, a pub we can drink at.

Sorry the test cell is taking so long. It's because I wanted to do some of the outside as well and that is proving to be difficult, not the building but having the right type of buildings. I've been using solitude's set mostly because that's the closest I can get (how I imagined it anyway) with vanilla ones. Again sorry.

Sorry the test cell is taking so long. It's because I wanted to do some of the outside as well and that is proving to be difficult, not the building but having the right type of buildings. I've been using solitude's set mostly because that's the closest I can get (how I imagined it anyway) with vanilla ones. Again sorry.

No worries, I am just happy that you are willing to help this become reality.

Are you putting it somewhere in Skyrim or is it a Portal access mod?

Can I test it :P

Any NPCs?

I knew I couldn't of been the only person who thought this was a good idea! Perhaps a Rincewind armor set as well? I'd love to walk around Skyrim with a big, pointy hat that says "WIZZARD" on it. Also, It'd be hilarious if the captain of the guard was named "Vimes"

Rincewind doesn't wear armor, it would be a retexture of a mage outfit. But I definitely second the desire to have this in the game. The pointy hat with "WIZZARD" on it would have to be made from scratch though, since no one in the game has a hat like that.

Hey, Phaota, that is actually what I had in mind, sorry if I caused any confusion. I've reads through the first few pages of this article and I don't know if anyone has begun talking about putting together an actual team yet but count me in. I don't have much experience in the modding field but I am a very quick study, I'm self taught in Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and several other authoring programs. I would be glad to help out in any way I possibly could, and with a little bit of guidance I think I could be a valuable asset to the team. The Discworld Novels are by far the best books I've ever had the pleasure to read and I would love to be a part of a team to help bring them off the pages and onto our monitors.

Hey, Phaota, that is actually what I had in mind, sorry if I caused any confusion. I've reads through the first few pages of this article and I don't know if anyone has begun talking about putting together an actual team yet but count me in. I don't have much experience in the modding field but I am a very quick study, I'm self taught in Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and several other authoring programs. I would be glad to help out in any way I possibly could, and with a little bit of guidance I think I could be a valuable asset to the team. The Discworld Novels are by far the best books I've ever had the pleasure to read and I would love to be a part of a team to help bring them off the pages and onto our monitors.

Slain is working on the Mended Drum and I think the Troll Characters.

My wife has offered to voice act the dwarf females (high pitched voice similar to the audio books)

If you want to help, we need NPC's to help build interest.

First the Drum and the NPCs, then tomorrow Ankh Morpork and Lancre.

Maybe Granny Weatherwax :P

If you would like vocals, I could lead my voice if you send me some dialog lines. I'll record them in whatever emotional tones you desire and send them back in MP3 format. Also, I'm willing to do any textual proof-reading. Did this for the guy that made the superb "Winterhold Destruction" mod.

Again, I am really sorry this is taking so long I have an incredibly early version if you guys want it. It mostly just consists of a portal and a really small amount of hero's street, no IC way to get back yet just a debug door I put there for y'know debug stuff. This is a really old version and is nothing much to look at, it was mostly to test the portal mechanics (they work) but I'll put it up for you if you want. Also I tried to get an early version of trolls sorted again nothing much just a half finished texture and lots of raging at nif scope.