G.E.C.K

Ghost66X

goty 1.7

and Fo3 geck 1.5

as described in ur other post there.

EDIT: ok i downloaded a zipped geck file, my stuff like the shack and fence show up in game now, but the objects i delete such as trees are still in the area tht i delete them from...

Edited by demonicon667

You are not using 1.5 or it would open in our 1.5 and it does not. I can see this several ways.

If I put fallout.esm and your esp into New Vegas Data directory and open it with GECK "1.4.0.518 New Vegas Edition" it opens...and it should not. OR...

If I put the Geck.exe 1.4.0.518 New Vegas Edition into my Fallout 3 Data directory and use it to open your esp it also works...and it should not. OR...

If I look at your file header in FO3Edit it shows a Version of 1.340000 which is New Vegas. If I change the Version to 0.940000, which is the FO3 Version, it works perfectly.

Which all means that you have been using the 1.4.0.518 New Vegas Edition to work on your mod. Here is how this can happen. If you put the NewVegas Version of the GECK into your FO3 Data directory you can in fact use it to make "new" FO3 Mods from scratch and it will not give you any errors as you work and save, but in the game your stuff will not show. Plus, just looking at the two Versions of the GECK as they open and operate they basically look the same. You can very easily mistake one for other.

Open your esp in the GECK that you do the work with and on the top menu go to Help and then About. It will tell you what version you are running.

Fixing your esp is as easy as opening it in FO3Edit and looking at the Header and changing the Version number to "0.940000". But you still need to address the GECK issue or you'll never get mods to work correctly.

ok so i should scrape the ESP made with the New vegas geck and reinstall the Fo3 geck into my Fo3 folder right?

and remaking the mod?

so i need to DL the Fo3 geck and the update, put it into the Fo3 Folder, use tht geck version to make my mod and it should work?

EDIT: i have the geck open right now, it says----> 1.5.0.19 for the version, is this the correct version for Fo3?

EDIT 2: as for the 0.94 and tht 1.4 stuff i have no idea about tht stuff or those hearders u guys are talking about

EDIT 3: i am willing to restart the mod all together as not much was done. i will try again, will check back in 5 min to let u guys know if my issue is solved

Edited by demonicon667

ok so my stuff shows up, but whn i do the initially disabled on the trees, Fo3 crashes b4 i can get in to the main menu.

ok managed to get the trees deleted, cant remember how, but anyways i now have floating "ghost" trees tht look like cheesy sprites or whtever i think its the LOD meshes or something, does anyone know how to remove the "floating ghost trees" or fix the LOD for like 3 trees? i can upload the ESP file again and let u fix the data or the LOD. which would be fantastic!

thnks again all! for all of ur help!

OP, you can't delete trees out of the wasteland like that without regenerating LOD for the whole thing. Best not to try it.

OP, in order to fix the LOD for those three trees, you will have to completely regenerate the LOD for the game is what Quetzlsacatanango appears to be saying. Best to just move it to an area without trees.

I don't think the area around Megaton has many trees in vanilla. You could place the stuff on the rocks.

Edited by xxfadingxsoulxx