I miss the old item dragging style from Oblivion

ViVicyde

So I'm just wondering if it would even be possible to change something like that with mods. You see, my understanding of mods is pretty pathetic, I just drop the files into whatever folders the nice people tell me to and BOOM! They magically work. :) So I'm wondering if after the creation kit is released theres a chance a mod will come out that makes the item/body dragging more similar to the one I used in Oblivion and FO3?

The fact that I suck at dragging items now makes it really hard for me to spend a long time decorating my house just how I want it, only to come back a few days later and items are thrown around on the floor everywhere. Really enjoying this game since it came out, but it feels like the little flaws are constantly ruining parts of it for me.

I believe there's a temporary workaround for that. I think you arrange the items, save, then leave and come back(Or vice versa, I can't remember), and items should stay in their place.

I'm willing to bet that someone will make a SKSE mod similar to one I think I saw for Oblivion, where you had fine control over the placement and position of an item and could lock it into place as in turn physics off for it.

Look around. I think there might already be a Script Dragon mod that gave better control over item placement... but don't quote me. It isn't the kind of mod I pay a lot of attention to, so I can only help so much.

Edited by Karth Galin

So I'm just wondering if it would even be possible to change something like that with mods. You see, my understanding of mods is pretty pathetic, I just drop the files into whatever folders the nice people tell me to and BOOM! They magically work. :) So I'm wondering if after the creation kit is released theres a chance a mod will come out that makes the item/body dragging more similar to the one I used in Oblivion and FO3?

The fact that I suck at dragging items now makes it really hard for me to spend a long time decorating my house just how I want it, only to come back a few days later and items are thrown around on the floor everywhere. Really enjoying this game since it came out, but it feels like the little flaws are constantly ruining parts of it for me.

I have wanted to write an identicle post to this myself as I have had exactly the same problems and hoped there would be something that could fix it. the physics and gravity settings all seem to be off, items don't turn properly when you are lining them up to place them. When you do manage to get something just right you come back to find everything on the floor :wallbash: its so annoying!

Its these little things that are bugging me too.

Someone probably will address this with a mod similar to the "Summon Decorator Assistant" mod from Oblivion. That being said, this is such a huge gaping flaw that Beth should really address it themselves, in a patch.

Bethesda. We innovate, backwards.

In terms of physics in general, my opinion is that compared to Oblivion, Skyrim regressed in physics.

It's impossible to move bodies properly, rotating things such as pots are a pain in the ass, etc.

One thing that really, REALLY annoyed me is a simple fact.

Anyone that tried just for one minute, ONE minute, to place something on a table, facing at a particular direction would notice that making items while you're holding them in the air maintain the SAME direction even if you move around your camera is plain retarded. If the item was, for example, always facing at you, you could just rotate the camera around and you could place an item at whatever direction you liked but since the damn thing its always facing at the same direction you picked it, you cant rotate it at all!

So i have to slam the item around walls and stuff for 10 minutes until its facing the direction i want and then try to put it on the table, and that alone, depending on the item, its a pain in the ass already.

Yeah... There were some glaring problems with Oblivions physics system which are, by and large, much less pronounced in Skyrim *Hitting someone with an arrow launching them through the air, for insance) but the item movement system is absolute s***. I've completely given up on aranging my house until someone with more skill than i fixes it.