I miss the old item dragging style from Oblivion

ViVicyde

I agree oblivion actually had better object movement as well as more items to interact with. Here it seems everything only has one grab point so picking up a wine bottle any place always has you holding it center.

Not entirely true. If i grab a body, it gets grabbed where my mouse cursor is. Like the arm or head. The same with stuff like a broom or books.

But it doesnt really matter, its still a pain to place them like you want. It took my 5 minutes (!) just to place some of those nord-claws (for the riddle doors) on a table ... just to come by some time later and they were everywhere, but not on the table.

Edited by Cyrotek

Has anyone mentioned the Skyrim Nexus Mod Download manager...?

It's from SkyrimNexus.com and it is seriously easier than drag and drop. Removing/Adding mods literally takes like 2 clicks. Plus it updates mods automatically for you.

The topic is about ingame physics and not placing mods into the data folder. :P

Has anyone mentioned the Skyrim Nexus Mod Download manager...?

It's from SkyrimNexus.com and it is seriously easier than drag and drop. Removing/Adding mods literally takes like 2 clicks. Plus it updates mods automatically for you.

The topic is about ingame physics and not placing mods into the data folder. :P

Well in the beginning of the post, the OP said he liked how Oblivion implemented mods. So it was clear that he needed to know about it.

I sometimes play Morrowind purely to decorate homes. The game is beautiful for that, and I hope with all my heart that someone makes a mod that fixes the problems Skyrim has.

I have noticed that with practice I have gotten better at manipulating objects, and saving often helps most of the time... I've given up on my gem display though... I have a nice pile on the floor by the fire (that way they stay where I left them). :thumbsup:

I sometimes play Morrowind purely to decorate homes. The game is beautiful for that, and I hope with all my heart that someone makes a mod that fixes the problems Skyrim has.

I have noticed that with practice I have gotten better at manipulating objects, and saving often helps most of the time... I've given up on my gem display though... I have a nice pile on the floor by the fire (that way they stay where I left them). :thumbsup:

The thing I REALLY miss from Morrowind is the placeable light sources, I remember spending ages buying/finding matching candlesticks so that 1 room would have a certain level of consistency.

The thing I REALLY miss from Morrowind is the placeable light sources, I remember spending ages buying/finding matching candlesticks so that 1 room would have a certain level of consistency.

Man that was so awesome... You could create so many effects that way. I remember i had my shrine to Daedric artifacts lit with a pale blue, while my harem was red-light....

But i digress, for percision on the PC, you can't beat Morrowind. But on console the item placement in it was absolutely useless.