Unlock Inventory Quest Items MOD

phaota

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this topic up for a mod, but it would be very helpful to have one that will allow the gamer to unlock quest items that have become stuck in your inventory. For example, I oddly still have all of the Bard's College quest instruments when they should have been removed when I gave them to the individual that asked for them in the first place. I would like to unlock those items and store them away in a chest within one of my homes. Same goes for other items that ought to have been removed after a quest completion, but are still stuck. Thanks for making this simple mod.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this topic up for a mod, but it would be very helpful to have one that will allow the gamer to unlock quest items that have become stuck in your inventory. For example, I oddly still have all of the Bard's College quest instruments when they should have been removed when I gave them to the individual that asked for them in the first place. I would like to unlock those items and store them away in a chest within one of my homes. Same goes for other items that ought to have been removed after a quest completion, but are still stuck. Thanks for making this simple mod.

yes this may be really helpful!i've got many quest items like the bard's stolen intruments that didnt resolve the quest so i still be on the quest even if i have it!maybe dropping and relooting it may unlock the quest

Edited by mybad

I'm not sure about 'unlocking' them, that may require the CK but, to get rid of them from your inventory, go to a secluded spot that doesn't get much foot traffic (behind Breezehome is a good spot)

Open the console and type in

showinventory

Use Page Up and Page Down to scroll through the list until you find the item, make not of the object id should be something like: ( 000123abc ) "Blah Blah Quest Item"

make a note of the id number and type in

player.drop 000123abc 1

Done

@Perraine. I agree, you could do that, but a mod would make it sooo much easier. You could also have that mod shade them blue(?) in your inventory to show you which ones are quest items so that when you open up said chest its easy to locate the correct quest items that you are after.

A mod shouldn't even be required. This is yet another problem that Bethesda has neglected to address properly:

Quest items should have their own category--other games do....possibly even be weightless.

The quest item should trigger the quest or not even show up in chest and/or if the quest is impossible to complete {EG: associated npc was killed} the item should then be placed in the players non-quest {normal} inventory so that player can do whatever they want with it like sell it.

Sorry ...just havin' a bit of a rant ...after doin' one of Vex's TG quests --had to place 58 amethysts {57 were mine} in chest ...just so it would trigger.....there's just too many bugs in this game ...hopefully one day they will be fixed {at least most of 'em}. tc.