ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Oblivion scripting help

avianmosquito

There are four relatively complex scripts I'd like to make for my verisimilitude mod. I'm not sure all of them are possible, but please look them over anyway and if you can help me out, then please do.

First: Blunt armour penetration.

Basically, I'd like to make blunt weapons and hand to hand effected less by armour. I'd like to make armour do less to blunt, (10%) and nothing to hand to hand attacks. I'd adjust their damage to compensate. This would make it a more meaningful choice than it is now.

Second: Skill/Attribute spell effectiveness.

Basically, I'd like to apply two more multipliers to spell effectiveness. They would be the skill and governing attribute of the spell you are using. It would be a multiplier of 1+(0.01*x) where x is the skill or attribute. They would stack. So let's say you have flare equipped (fire damage, 6pt), which is a destruction spell, governed by willpower. Your skill is 25, and your willpower is 40. Then your spell effectiveness would be multiplied first by 1.25 and then by 1.4, for a total 1.75, bringing the spell to 10.5 points of fire damage assuming there's no other factor. (Like armour or fatigue.)

Third: Capping actor values and spell effects.

In this one, I'd like to cap spell effects like reflect damage, so they can't break the game. I'd also like to change the caps on actor values without removing them entirely. I'm thinking 200 for skills and 1000 for attributes.

Finally: Weapon type weaknesses and resistances.

This is the complicated one. I'd like to add script effects, preferably with a magnitude, that would give a vulnerability or resistance to weapon types. For instance, making a zombie take half damage from blunt and double from blade. This one looks to be difficult.

1) Maybe some setting(s) that you can change, however I looked at the settings list and couldn't see anything myself. Otherwise, it's gotta be Event Handlers; I'm thinking 'OnHealthDamage'.

2) More Event Handlers; 'OnSpellCast' this time, using 'ModPCSpellEffectiveness' (assuming it allows effectiveness > 100%).

3) For the spell effects, you could have a GameMode block running every second or so, checking the active effects ForEach 'GetHighActors', capping if necessary. As for skills; I think there are other mods that do this, so they'll be your best reference there.

4) More Event Handlers; probably a 'OnHealthDamage', or maybe a 'OnHitWith'.

Hopefully atleast some of this will be useful for you.

1) Maybe some setting(s) that you can change, however I looked at the settings list and couldn't see anything myself. Otherwise, it's gotta be Event Handlers; I'm thinking 'OnHealthDamage'.

2) More Event Handlers; 'OnSpellCast' this time, using 'ModPCSpellEffectiveness' (assuming it allows effectiveness > 100%).

3) For the spell effects, you could have a GameMode block running every second or so, checking the active effects ForEach 'GetHighActors', capping if necessary. As for skills; I think there are other mods that do this, so they'll be your best reference there.

4) More Event Handlers; probably a 'OnHealthDamage', or maybe a 'OnHitWith'.

Hopefully atleast some of this will be useful for you.

Well, can't pull a full script out of it, but that's a step.