M'jaar-Dar no longer sells

NocturneNight

Greetings, not sure if this is a bug or intended, but M'jaar-Dar, the Khajit trader in the Dark Brotherhood, is for some reason no longer selling "The Hands of Midnight", and some other of his unique items that he normally sells. As I said, I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. If it's intended I'd prefer it if you do not spoil anything in the DB storyline, thank you. These gloves would be quite the asset to my hand-to-hand specialized assassin; I could not afford them at the start and now he simply wont sell them anymore. Edited by NocturneNight

From the UESP Wiki on M'raaj-Dar:

Bugs

M'raaj-Dar's vendor chest contains his unique items as well as the standard ones, and is set to respawn. This means that several copies of his unique items can be obtained by waiting for the chest to reset.

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplemental.

I'm guessing you're using the UOP Supplemental and it's 'fixed' things for you.

From the UESP Wiki on M'raaj-Dar:

Bugs

M'raaj-Dar's vendor chest contains his unique items as well as the standard ones, and is set to respawn. This means that several copies of his unique items can be obtained by waiting for the chest to reset.

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplemental.

I'm guessing you're using the UOP Supplemental and it's 'fixed' things for you.

Hmm, aw, ok. Cheers Striker. I didn't want to read about him on the UESP since that site has managed to spoil things for me, before. :)

I hear you. If you scroll down to the Bugs section of the wiki pages you can get the 'look-out-fors' without any more spoilers than absolutely necessary. I used the 'fully official patched but no unofficial patch' method for my first character because I didn't want to lose the permanent bound glitch. Without the UOP the quests are a quagmire of gotchas.