Why do you always do this Bethesda?

scottym23

First it was in Oblivion with the emperor robes, which could only be obtained via console commands or by an elaborate (glitched) method for consoles. In Skyrim you fixed this, giving the player THREE sets of emperor robes, nice! But then the Psiijic order, one of the coolest (in my opinion) orders in all of Tamriel make an appearance to directly engage and aid the Dovahkiin, their robes are shunned from the game and not obtainable unless console commands are used. WHICH by the way are under the "all robes" container in the coc qasmoke room, perfectly named and look amazing. So if they actually made Psiijic robes for the player to wear and were appropriately named, why not add them into the game? So frustrating Bethesda, so frustrating. The only plausible reason for doing this is if one of the DLC's involve the Psiijic order, and that's when you get their robes. If this isn't the case then you have done is again Bethesda, congratulations. Until they come out with this possible DLC, i'm going to use console commands on every one of my characters to obtain these robes and won't consider it cheating (plus the robes grant no bonuses and give no defense bonuses at all, so it's more of a handicap to use them anyway). What do you guys think?

Well the way I see it you hardly have any interaction with the psijic order at all aside fom a couple of times you meet one of the members so I can see that being justified as why you can't get a robe if you can't even kill one of the members or find a stash somewhere, but i know what you mean with Beth always adding in certain items but never giving them the full attention and just leave them in the system like we wouldn't want them (sorry beth, you can't expect us to not like some of your armor and weapons at times.)

Well the way I see it you hardly have any interaction with the psijic order at all aside fom a couple of times you meet one of the members so I can see that being justified as why you can't get a robe if you can't even kill one of the members or find a stash somewhere, but i know what you mean with Beth always adding in certain items but never giving them the full attention and just leave them in the system like we wouldn't want them (sorry beth, you can't expect us to not like some of your armor and weapons at times.)

I know what you mean, but the Psiijic order did say they were watching the Dovahkiin very carefully and would be involved with them. Also if they aren't a big part of the story line, they should definitely be kill-able in my opinion.

How, hey about , you know since I saved the world now, do you think you could get your tailor to give me some decent threads? This arch-mage robe itches..

Robes pfft, you don't know discomfort until you wear Daedric armor, i got a Daedric heart riding up my crack. :unsure:

Until they come out with this possible DLC, i'm going to use console commands on every one of my characters to obtain these robes and won't consider it cheating

Okay? This is only a problem for console users. Its your game and it can be whatever you want it to be. You are never really cheating if thats what you want. Though Id like to see a mod about this groups so I can score the robes without "cheating"

How, hey about , you know since I saved the world now, do you think you could get your tailor to give me some decent threads? This arch-mage robe itches..

Robes pfft, you don't know discomfort until you wear Daedric armor, i got a Daedric heart riding up my crack. :unsure:

Nothing chafes like Nightingale Armor, man. Especially when you're sneaking around... :sweat:

Er, back on topic. I really don't mind not being given Psiijic robes, it's not like we're on good terms... they just decided to help out a bit and then steal the giant ball of awesome from me.

... On the other hand, I want the Greybeard's robes! Surely they could spare some threads for the Dovahkiin. :biggrin:

Lol. I think they had a hard time justifying adding clothing for a faction that was reluctant to even show itself to the world.

Either way, when you think of the time they would've had to commit to involving just adding the clothing and making it sync with the overall story of the game, they had more important things to do.

All of the workers at Bethesda Game Studios were probably assigned their work, and very few could decide things that they wanted to add to the game. So I think we need to just yell at the select few who could make game decisions.