Made game unplayable on accident. Only a few mods.

rykerp4

Start by finding out if it's a skeleton.nif problem or a missing texture problem on something your character is wearing.

Take off all equipment on your player (that means everything ... rings, amulets and any other wearable accessories) and see if the problem persists. If it goes away add item one at a time so we can see what is causing it.

Another possibility is a problem with Oblivion Reloaded's blood splatter (assuming this is only happening during combat ... your pictures don't tell a very detailed story of what your problem is). Turn off the blood splatter in OR's INI (you will need to read the manual to see how to do that ... recommended if you intend to use OR anyway) and see if the problem goes away.

Either would point to the root of the problem ... bad installation.

- Edit - Why on earth would you recolour the text explaining when it happens so that it is all but invisible???

Edited by Striker879

- Edit - Why on earth would you recolour the text explaining when it happens so that it is all but invisible???

A-ha! Missed the text myself, too. Clever that one. :tongue: The mobile version of the site defaults to black text on white (edit: as in, if someone is posting from a mobile device and wants to make sure the text shows and changes colour to black from "default" in which case it will also appear black on the desktop site - much like a plot spoiler coloured black on the desktop site would appear very much readable as black-on-white in the mobile version). But then again, posting a forum thread with PC screenshots from a mobile device sounds a bit odd. Everyone has reasons. For example someone colours all of their text green and changes the font. At least they did a while ago.

Edit: And yes, I would also recommend checking Oblivion Reloaded settings at least if you use 6.0.0 or later. I still have v5.0.0 myself.

Edited by Contrathetix

Doesn't make life any easier for a grumpy old guy like me though.

Funny on my Android tablet the site looks the same ... maybe because I avoid all things "app" etc. and go out of my way to have everything on it "PC" (Android is just a Linux variant, allbeit somewhat neutered by the fine folks at Google).

Hmm. If I remember correctly, the Android version of Firefox has the option to "request desktop site". Maybe it is something like that.

Oh and grumpiness does not depend on the age. For example I have had for a few months and still have so much things to do that I think it is starting to show in my forum posting style, as well. At least I feel grumpy, and it is starting to affect my ability to come across as a nice person. :sweat:

Hopefully the OP will be able to solve their issues.

Ya I have Chrome set up that way too. It's called the Winter Blahs, but on the bright side it'll only last 3 or 4 more months.

The Blood thing WAS the issue I discovered by turning blood decals off and the effect disappeared.
Not knowing at all what you guys are talking about, I simply reinstalled it all minus some mods (most notably Oblivon Reloaded). I rather liked it though, and would appreciate some more detailed instructions on how to fix that particular issue as well as a couple others I've run into!

> Necromancer Robes and the Apostle outside of Anvil Church are invisible apart from floating heads and feet.

>Horses are invisible apart from face and saddle

According to my notes invisible indicates both missing normal map and colour map (the two main texture files). I'd be looking at how any mod that touches those robes was installed, as there is likely an installation error of some sort.

To use Oblivion Reloaded you are going to need to read the manual (unless somebody who has read the manual drops by with the answer for you).