Weird hairstyle bug?

Varahel

I have a small problem. Or better to say, just a question since it isn't related to mods or anything else.

When I place a vanilla Frizzy hairstyle on my Redguard character, the hair is transparent and I can see his head through it.

Screen_Shot15.jpg

This is how it looks like. I just don't know how to fix it. It's not a major problem, but I want my Redguard to have afro and seeing the bald head every time I switch into third person is kind of immersive breaking.

I'd do a test without all your beard/moustache mods ... I'm thinking that what you have is some side-effect from them.

I've already deactivated them, so I'll load the game again and check whether the problem is gone or not. Haven't played that character since I did it, so it might be useful to check

Another thing that occurred to me later last night is related to using the game sliders.

There is a situation when using the age sliders that if you use either extreme slider position (so either 15.0 or 65.0 in the vanilla UI) the game can't determine that character/NPC's age (as documented here ... look in the Notes while Playing section of the mod description). I wonder if a similar situation exists when you use the extreme slider positions for hair.

Something to try is to adjust the hair length slider down just a smidgen from the longest and see if the problem persists.

• 4 months later...