Grass problem.

Ghoulz

Ya, their drop down boxes cater to those people with more recent cards. When you click the arrow beside where it says 'Geforce 500 Series' it will open a drop down selection box. At the bottom of the selection drop down list, right below where it says 'Geforce 100M Series (Notebooks)' you'll see a little wee arrow ... when you hit that it will scroll the list down and you'll be able to see 'Geforce 7 Series'. Select that and it will load the appropriate selections in the next drop down box (after you open it) where you'll find your card 7800 GTX after you've scrolled down with the same wee tiny arrow a couple of times (or hit the double tiny arrow to the right side and it will scroll to the bottom with one click). Next select your operating system and then language and I'd suggest change the bottom box from 'All' to 'Recommended/Certified', but the only difference is that 'All' will also list the Beta drivers ... not a problem if you don't pick one as a download. Click the 'Find' button and you'll get a list of drivers (after it churns for a few seconds or more).

Woohoo ... when I did this earlier I was selecting according to my graphics card (the 9800 GT I think) and it only listed back as far as version 275.33. When I did it just now as I was making sure I had all the steps right for you in my description it goes all the way back to version 197 WHQL. It's not listing anything in the 240 version range ... it could be that those weren't considered as good as the later versions (for example 256 WHQL ... either 257.21 or 258.96 driver version from that series). Must be that the earliest version that would support my earlier selection for my 9800 GT card was the 275.33 driver. I'd suggest the 258.96 ... it rings a bell for me that it was considered a good driver at the time, but that was more than a year ago, and my memory could be a bit faulty (gee ... talk about disclaimers eh?).