Where's the CK?

Trhanec2

Eh, no. This boils down well to the very issue you seem to have. Incapability to recognize or express nuances like politeness. Well its more average than normal for gamers to be nerds and to be socially inept. For some the handicap just seems to be larger than for others.

-Like I said before I will be polite to people who are polite to me.

-Secondly I do quite well socially.

-Thirdly resulting to personal attacks is low.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, no. This boils down well to the very issue you seem to have. Incapability to recognize or express nuances like politeness. Well its more average than normal for gamers to be nerds and to be socially inept. For some the handicap just seems to be larger than for others.

-Like I said before I will be polite to people who are polite to me.

-Secondly I do quite well socially.

-Thirdly resulting to personal attacks is low.

your idea of polite isn't quite what you assume it to be....i really cannot judge you without knowing you as a person....but the way you post here takes quite an impolite "tone"......that said lets not making this a personal spatting match.....this is about the CK....and this is going totally out of topic....

the CK is late....we just hope it doesn't follow the same format as the "patches" that came out late....we assumed many bugs would be addressed but all we got was 20-30 something bugs fixed...and 3 more bugs got added....

and the CK is supposed to merge with steam...which too doesn't have quite a good track record for stability....all this adds up to worried customers that is all....

the CK is late....we just hope it doesn't follow the same format as the "patches" that came out late....we assumed many bugs would be addressed but all we got was 20-30 something bugs fixed...and 3 more bugs got added....

and the CK is supposed to merge with steam...which too doesn't have quite a good track record for stability....all this adds up to worried customers that is all....

The CK was promised to be released in January, its still January, it isn't late.

Also having been a disgruntled Steam user since Half Life 2 came out I can say while it isn't great, it is far from unstable. Offline mode doesn't work but that's about the only real broken part about it.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

It's the middle of January, so at the very least an update on where they are would be nice instead of this dead silence in the weeks since they made the announcement that there would be a January release.

And those that said 11:59:59 January 31st: I'm starting to think you will be correct.

You know what I would prefer over this bs wait over the CK? I'd prefer they had delayed the game itself until the CK was finished. They could have did what Blizzard is notorious for doing with their games: Never give a release date until it's GOING to come out. I've come to expect that from Blizzard. Like right now I want to play Diablo 3 badly, but I'm not dancing around for it like the CK because I know Blizzard is the slowest game creator on the planet. However if Blizzard had CKs for it's Diablo game, then released Diablo 3, then waited a few months before releasing a CK, I'd be pretty upset about the CK's delay. Now how could I not be upset or care about the long delay on the game itself but angry about the CK? Because they go hand in hand. The reason people are dancing up and down and running up the wall over the CK is because they've had their hands on the game and they know the things they want to change to make their personal gaming experience more enjoyable. If they haven't had a chance to play the game yet, then they would not be bouncing up and down about the CK. Bethesda should pull a Blizzard for Elder Scrolls 6 and not give a release date at all, wait as long as humanly possible, never releasing it unitl both it and the CK are done. I bet people would be way more willing to put up with that than getting the game early, but having to wait around to make the changes they want; especially people familiar with the notoriously slow Blizzard.

Edited by DeadricDamodred

Ive seen this very same thing on valves delay of Half Life 2 Episode 3

Everyone always clamors for answers, some say they demand it, some people just ask for it, and eaither way they wont change anything yet it keeps on continuing.

damn ninjad by Northwolf

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Honestly if they don't release Half-Life 3 at this point then people will kill them. Waiting for years for an episode would be ludicrous.

Anyway, the only people I see mad at Steam are people who purely feel like it's a piece of DRM instead of a legitimate application. That doesn't make it unreliable, though. I've used it since Half-Life 2 and it's never crashed on me. In fact, in spite of using it so long and on a dozen different computers it has yet to do anything annoying except ask me to validate it on every new computer I use it on.

That being said, Bethesda did say January. Any time January. Does it matter when? These threads are fun because speculating is fun and taking guesses is fun and making jokes about Bethesda is fun but anyone taking the matter too seriously should adjust their expectations such that, as someone said, they assume the kit releases the very second before midnight on the 31st and anything earlier is totally a bonus.

Blizzard isn't slower than Valve. Nothing is slower than Valve if there's a 3 involved.

Well the point is Blizzard is slow as hell, but they've conditioned us to expect that so that the only people who really whine and moan are kids; everyone else knows Blizzard games come out whenever the heck Blizzard decides. Like I think Diablo 3 might come out by the end of this year, but I'm not expecting it. Blizzard may well release it in 2013 for those of us still alive after the mayans get through killing everyone in December of this year to play; who knows and I don't care either way. Blizzard has conditioned us to expect that. I'd rather Bethesda did that as well. It's impossible to sit for 2 months bouncing up and down about the changes you want to make with a CK you don't have if you haven't even had a chance to play the game yet because the company refuses to release it until the CK is finished as well.

Enough infighting, personal attacks and general trollish behavior. Take it to the bethsoft forums and continue there, let me know how that works out for you..

>LOCKED<