One scene in one dungeon locks my computer up

msyoung

My character is level 48 so you know that he has been in a few dungeons and I have never had a problem with any of them, until now.

I am in the Dwemer dungeon Fahlbtharz on Solstheim. I am on the top level and can see a ledge in front of me and I have to ride two large gears to get there. The first gear is no problem, I can ride it forever or until I get dizzy. The second gear has a Dwemer critter climb out the middle of the gear, as soon as it is attacked my game freezes. No keyboard command works and my mouse is frozen. It makes no difference who attacks it, me, Serana or any of the rest of my small army. I have encountered Dwemer combatants on other gears in this dungeon and fought them with no problem.

My Windows 10 Task Manager is no help because it appears behind the game, my only option is to restart. This is repeatable because I have tried six different ways to get past it and the game freezes every time. I would prefer not to back track all the way out of the dungeon and leave it unfinished but that is what I will have to do unless someone here has a solution.

The solution can either be a way to fight or a console command that avoids the fight.