How can I suppress on-screen door message

fencer5

Hi all

I am trying to stop the on-screen message when a player's POV is on a concealed entrance/exit.

So instead of getting something like "Hidden Door to Tomb" nothing appears on the screen, but if the normal key on the PC is pressed then the door opens. I only want to stop the message for that particular door not any others.

I know this can be done but despite searching loads of tutorials/google etc. have not found an answer.

Cheers.

Fencer5

Hi all

I am trying to stop the on-screen message when a player's POV is on a concealed entrance/exit.

So instead of getting something like "Hidden Door to Tomb" nothing appears on the screen, but if the normal key on the PC is pressed then the door opens. I only want to stop the message for that particular door not any others.

I know this can be done but despite searching loads of tutorials/google etc. have not found an answer.

Cheers.

Fencer5

You have to find that specific door in the CS, open it and delete what is in the Name field. Not the EditorID, but the name of the door.

Hi The_Vyper

Thanks for that info.

It cures the problem totally as far as the message is concerned, but if the cross-hair option is set to on, the door icon still appears as the cross-hair passes over the hidden door.

Do you (or anyone) happen to know how to remove the icon (for this door only) with the cross-hair on?

Thank you for your help.

Fencer5

• 3 months later...
Unless I'm mistaken, the cross-hair icon won't show for an activator that has no name. You could thus use an activator instead of a door, and the activator is scripted to either use MoveTo on the player, or better still, activate a real door that's hidden under a floor or similar.