Nuka-World Gangs

Lehcar

So, if you have played through Nuka-World already, then you are aware that it is impossible to give all three gangs equal amounts of territory, so whoever gets the least will end up betraying you, and you will be forced to exterminate the whole gang, leaving only two.

The question is, which two gangs to side with? Hmm...

Well, as far as raw gameplay strategics go, the Operators are undoubtedly one of the two you should definitely pick, because they're a classic Mafia-style gang and rake in the best loot.

With the other two, it's kind of a toss up, totally up to personal preference. The Pack's outfits and weird hair colours and face paint are ridiculously butt ugly IMO, but I kind of like their weird eccentricity, and I think Mason is a cool guy, so I just don't have it in my heart to kill him. The Disciples, on the other hand, are basically just crazy cold blooded killers who like butchering people for fun - a bit too much like basic vanilla raiders for my liking, and Nisha is the one leader who is the most hostile to you right from the start. So, usually, I end up siding against the Disciples.

Not much of a loss, IMHO, but the one thing about that that makes me sad about it is that I miss their unbelievably awesome outfits.

In one playthrough I gave the entire park and the 3 Commonwealth settlements to the Operators. Yet, when the power plant mission came up it was only the Disciples who were angry. The Pack were fine. But, I realised that was because I'd successfully intimidated Mason earlier. The Pack had no territory but followed me out fear, I guess.

This time around the Operators have everything and I deliberately didn't use the charisma check on Mason. Hopefully this time him and Nisha will be at the power plant. Also, I must remember not to unlock the door to the power armor if Mags is nearby. Last time she jumped into it as soon as I opened the door :(

I'd say, just go with whichever has the faction perks that you actually want. The operators for example are a no-brainer for most people who use a gun, because they let you boost damage significantly by just slapping a silencer on it. You don't even have to sneak, mind you, just having a silencer and that perk boosts your gun's damage. Obviously it's less useful if you use a revolver, but otherwise it's pretty much a no-brainer. And if you do sneak, well, the other part of their perk is even more awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Operators are definitely the better-equipped, better-organised of the groups, but if you ask me, if you're going that route you might as well ditch the bush leagues and just go full-on Brotherhood of Steel.

The Pack makes me itch just thinking about them. Seriously, of all the ways I could choose to die in Fallout 4, mange is not my preferred way to go.

The Disciples are extremely average as far as raider gangs go, but they have cool outfits and they fit well with the Child of Atom theme, which is nice if you want a character who isn't just evil for one DLC, that's an option.

Personally, though, I just kill them all.

Honestly the one group I went out of my way to kill was the Disciples. Dixie herself was a big reason to wipe them out: her trophies pretty much make her an unredeemable character. With the other groups you get the sense they're not pure evil, and can be focused towards actually helping the Commonwealth a little even though it means they do a little damage themselves. The Disciples though are just killers, and ones a bit too eager to kill anyone or anything that goes against them.

I've honestly never understood the 'kill them all' route. Once you get the Castle set up and Preston's perk him flipping out over you helping them is moot: he still gives quests, and the radio still does its thing. Sure you free the traders but in a realistic sense now they're pretty screwed: they're in the middle of a large, open area with only a fistful of people and everything ranging from bloodworms to nukalurks to deathclaws partying outside. Those things are going to eventually make their way in, if another visiting raider band doesn't first.

Honestly the one group I went out of my way to kill was the Disciples. Dixie herself was a big reason to wipe them out: her trophies pretty much make her an unredeemable character. With the other groups you get the sense they're not pure evil, and can be focused towards actually helping the Commonwealth a little even though it means they do a little damage themselves. The Disciples though are just killers, and ones a bit too eager to kill anyone or anything that goes against them.

I've honestly never understood the 'kill them all' route. Once you get the Castle set up and Preston's perk him flipping out over you helping them is moot: he still gives quests, and the radio still does its thing. Sure you free the traders but in a realistic sense now they're pretty screwed: they're in the middle of a large, open area with only a fistful of people and everything ranging from bloodworms to nukalurks to deathclaws partying outside. Those things are going to eventually make their way in, if another visiting raider band doesn't first.

In my game I play the good guy/girl ; I know it's only an RPG but the idea of my character suddenly deciding to turn evil and start attacking his own settlements is preposterous. By killing them all immediately I save on doing some side quests which I found boring first time round and I get to access Red Rocket as a settlement straight way.

Well doing it right, you can actually send them to only settlements you need to clear out: Outpost Zimona, Starlight Drive-In, Murkwater Construction, Kingsport Lighthouse, Sunshine Tidings Co-Op, Croup Manor, Coastal Cottage, Hangman's Alley, Red Rocket Truck Stop and Taffington Boathouse are all settlements that need to be cleared out or are available for the getgo, so there are plenty of possible places to send the raiders to without attacking a single settler, and you only need 3 unless you want that loot chest.

The only downside is you still need one vassal settlement, but that too can easily be remedied by having one human settler stick around and a platoon of robots to watch over it from Automatron. Use Tier 3 Intimidate on that settler to drag and move them to another settlement afterward and you'll be a good guy without a single slave.

Edited by Kung Fu Man