Oscuros Mesh Problem

Harrack

So, I downloaded Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (Link), and after I tested it out, I noticed that many of the humans, at least the ones who could fight, rendered either invisible below the neck, or as giant yellow squares with exclamation marks on them.

I read around, and it looked like it was a problem with the meshes not being where the game was looking for them, specifically, the Armor meshes. this was confirmed when I managed to kill one of the invisible men in question, and upon taking their armor, they became visible. I checked the Oblivion/Data/meshes/Armor files, and sure enough, most of the armor meshes are missing, leaving some helmets, and a few assorted other pieces of gear.

I checked the mod itself, and it looked like the files remaining were files that were actually in the mod. I think that the mod's mesh files just replaced the original oblivion files, but now I'm stuck as to how to fix it. is there anywhere I can find these meshes online? any way I could fix this at all? I'm pretty new at applying mods, so I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

I ran into exactly the same problem. My solution was to re-unpack the files to a temporary folder, then move the missing meshes and textures into the appropriate locations in my Oblivion/Data folder.

How did you go about doing this? I don't have any idea where to even find the missing files.

I had a problem with my recent Oblivion install and unpacking OOO. Maybe it's because they put it in 7zip file format(which WinRAR may not properly support for all I know) but I found that not everything decompressed from the pack file in my install and I was getting missing meshes, textures and icons. I had to go through the pack and manually select and install what was missing.