Sigh... am I the only one who liked Oblivion more than Skyrim?

mehungry

One things I miss from oblivion was leveling up, it was a bit more interesting and 'complex', now it's stupidly simple

The actual leveling process is more simple, as you don't have to track which skills your leveling, but the choice, expressed through the perk system, is infinately more complex.

Nah I love the leveling in Skyrim way more. While it is indeed simpler, its less restricting and leaves a lot more options up to you, the player, to decide how you want to play the game.

Perks make the game more interesting, while the leveling system lets you do what ever suits your fancy at that moment.

Hey I totally agree with you I like Skyrim but Elder Scrolls were way better. Skyrim is just too dark and depressing for me. Elder Scrolls would be hard to beat especially with all the great mods...I do like some of the features of Skyrim better but overall It's Elder Scrolls.

I actually prefer the Skyrim guild quests over the Oblivion ones, especially the Dark Brotherhood.

The DB questline is the best one in Skyrim, but it doesn't compare to the one in Oblivion. In fact all the 'guild' questlines in Skyrim fail to measure up to those in Oblivion - IMO.

The leveling system is alright I suppose, I don't think it's an improvement but it isn't the worst thing that could happen. The perk system is, however, a bad joke. I level up from my 2 handed skill and put perks into destruction? That makes no sense. It does, however, cater to the Eric Cartman school of gamer ('Whateva, I do what I want!' (><) ) and so it seems to be popular. The removal of stats was unnecessary though. If they wanted an 'organic' (whatever that is supposed to mean) level system that retains some sense of realism and unique character development they would have left stats in, granted stat points ever nth level with multipliers set according to what sort of skills you used to level up to that point (Morrowind?) and also granted perk points to spend in perk trees of the skills you used to level up. That would have allowed an 'organic' level system while providing for unique character development as a consequence of the skills you practice. What we have here in Skyrim is a failure to design a character system.

But I'm sure there'll be no shortage of people who'll jump in and say 'I do what I want!' :sleep:

People really liked the super boring Warriors or Mage guilds quests more than the Skyrim ones? Wired ...

Yes, the Skyrim Factionquests are waaaaays to short and ending more than once in a incredible frustrating way. But the overall they are better. Oblivion was just "get quest, run into dungeon, finish quest" and the storys incredible plain. Oh course, Skyrim isnt much better in that department but at least you get better presentation.

Oh, and next time i woud like quality over quantity. Means, less quests and dungeons but more polished ones instead. It doesnt feel right if you think about how many of the inhabitants of skyrim are bandits or necromancers or ... overall bad people.

Edited by Cyrotek

This entire argument is stupid.

Don't like Skyrim? Fine. Like oblivion more? Fine.

So go play Oblivion[/5]

And stop crowding the SKYRIM discussion and depressing the people who enjoy the game.

I only feel pity for the people who can't enjoy Skyrim for what it is, an absolutely great game.

Without repeating what's already been posted, I can say there are many things I miss about Oblivion that were left out of Skyrim. One thing I've noticed in Skyrim is that food and ingredients are more abundant. While this makes it easier for the player to collect what they need, it diminishes the challenge. It also makes one wonder why a northern province with a harsh climate would better supplied than 'the Heartland' of Tamriel.

This entire argument is stupid.

Don't like Skyrim? Fine. Like oblivion more? Fine.

So go play Oblivion

And stop crowding the SKYRIM discussion and depressing the people who enjoy the game.

I only feel pity for the people who can't enjoy Skyrim for what it is, an absolutely great game.

Why so nasty to other peoples opinions? I think you should let other have their opinion and we def don't like your comments.