Sigh... am I the only one who liked Oblivion more than Skyrim?

mehungry

Definitely liked Oblivion better. Skyrim is pretty but it feels anemic in comparison. It feels like they wanted to cut out as much fat away from Oblivion as they can. The problem is that they cut away too much and turned the Dragonborn into a nerfed CoC.

No underwater combat. No meters to say how much longer an effect will last. No scaling for the destruction magic. No spell creation. No fortify strength, feather/burden, water walking, open lock, night eye and a whole lot of other spells. Seven unique summons as opposed to vanilla Oblivion's seventeen (five more if you include shivering Isles). It is as if they made the regular magic suck so much just so the dragon shouts would look cool in comparison and even then it feels like you can do a lot less than before.

The guild quests are ridiculously better in Oblivion (especially Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild).

That's really my main complaint about Skyrim. Though, eliminating strength/intelligence/etc is pretty ridiculous as well.

True. Skyrim's guilds main quests felt incredibly short, resulting in me believing that Bethesda didn't take their time in developing them. I think the guild with the most disappointing main quest-line is the College of Winterhold. The game's main quest-line was also disappointing. It never really felt like dragons were a real threat and Alduin was a pushover who should have died long ago. At least in Oblivion, Mehrunes Dagon seemed like a real threat. I was expecting an Armageddon-like climax involving Alduin gathering a few of his best dragons and attacking a major city like Solitude, then being forced to retreat to Sovngarde with the Dovahkiin pursuing him.

The guild quests are ridiculously better in Oblivion (especially Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild).

That's really my main complaint about Skyrim. Though, eliminating strength/intelligence/etc is pretty ridiculous as well.

True. Skyrim's guilds main quests felt incredibly short, resulting in me believing that Bethesda didn't take their time in developing them. I think the guild with the most disappointing main quest-line is the College of Winterhold. The game's main quest-line was also disappointing. It never really felt like dragons were a real threat and Alduin was a pushover who should have died long ago. At least in Oblivion, Mehrunes Dagon seemed like a real threat. I was expecting an Armageddon-like climax involving Alduin gathering a few of his best dragons and attacking a major city like Solitude, then being forced to retreat to Sovngarde with the Dovahkiin pursuing him.

I second that, all of the guilds i've done felt incredibly short with the exception maybe of the thieves guild, but i dont know if thats just an illusion since i spent tons of time doing thieve side quests in between main thieves guild missions. The companions felt very short, the DB was a shadow of its former self and i havent played the collegue yet so i cant tell, but i expect something about half the length of the Mages guild in oblivion. The radiant quests at the end are a good addition and they keep the game sort of alive but seriously we need more substantial guild questlines, very dissapointed . But i just cant hate skyrim, its so much fun.

Edited by Wraithofdoom

Pointless troll thread. Just going to lock this one. Skyrim is Skyrim, Oblivion is Oblivion, Morrowind is Morrowind. Just play whatever the hell you like and leave the rest of us in peace. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go play more Zelda in Minecraft.