[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

Ok,

Added in the BeluaHungeredAOSPercentage. Typically this would be set to 100. Meaning, if you were 100% hungered, that means you're completely starved, and AOS would kick in. If you change this to 0, you'll be cosntant AOS except when your spell is up. That's going to be VERY difficult and I don't recommend doing it, but it only took 5 minutes to wire up and it was something I planned to do so.

I'm still unsure of the race thing. I'll see if this is a known issue. I want to say I've heard of this before, but I could be wrong.

-MM

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I worked out the invisibility bug. Here's a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_U_VE6FlA&feature=youtube_gdata

I might consider making Verita Nascosta only consume magicka if you're starving. This way you can pop it up whenever you want, just for fun.

So check it nskin039, you asked for two things and got them and it only took me 1.5 hours of work. :)

Off to make some dinner.

-MM

Ok, a little more polish on Verita Nascosto (changed the name from Nascosta to Nascosto). It now remembers which spells you had equipped and reequips them. I also have it set to consume magicka only when you're AOS since that's the only time it really benefits you. I have it scaling the magicka requirement depending on how high your VampireLevel is. Basically it's 5 at Fledgling, 6 at Risen, 7, 8, and then 9 for Sire. You're going to have to pay some upkeep to hide yourself as a Sire if you're starving so bad you're AOS.

-MM

Sounds good to me, those are great ideas. And that's a great POC, too!

Added Asbonditus Informis (if someone can come up with proper latin...it just sounded cool).

I took a Latin class a loooong time ago, but here's my input anyway. You mean absconditus, right? There is also an alternate spelling that is apparently more common: Apsconditus. What you have would work, and it does sound cool. However, if you want to get technical, the conjugation of those words literally means "hidden formless", even though a google translator will tell you otherwise. Informis and apsconditus are both adjectives. You could use "Apsconditus Forma" to mean Hidden/Concealed Form, though apsconditus is typically masculine (feminine is apscondita). It's better to go with the masculine form though because the conjugation for Latin words is often the same with masculine and neutral forms.

You might want the ability's English translation to be, "Hide Identity" or "Conceal Form" rather than "Hidden Form". (Verb Noun rather than Adjective Noun format) In that case, you could also use:

"Occulto Forma" - Conceal one's form or appearance

"Velo Habitus" - Cover, veil, or conceal one's condition

"Apscondo Natura Physicos" - Conceal one's physical nature

"Celo Morbus" - Conceal or disguise one's sickness, disease, or vice.

"Abdo Depravatio - Hide one's perversion or deviation in appearance.

Pretty much any combination of those will work, so whatever sounds the best. Up to you.

Did you just say Dark Souls?!?! Sweet. So...quick side step. I bought Demon's Souls for the PS3 when it first came out. Had it for a week and thought it was the most frustratingly difficult game I had ever played. So I sold it to someone else. And for another two weeks I couldn't get the game out of my head so I went out and bought it again. A couple weeks later I stopped playing...but never got the game out of my head. So what happened when Dark Souls came out? I bought it too....yeah....I can't get past the first boss. You know...the stupid boss in the Jail, the one that essentially behaves like the first boss in Demon's Souls. Yeah, Can't get by him. After trying 15-20 times. I stopped playing. Have I sold the game? Of course not. edit: and probably the only reason I haven't gone back to it is because Skyrim came out.

lol. The first boss in the Undead Asylum? You're not supposed to fight him at first unless you want to punch him for 15 minutes straight, which is a huge pain in the ass. Doing so gives you a powerful weapon, but it's useless since you need like 50 strength or something absurd in order to use it. Just run by the boss and through a door to your left and you'll get a chance to fight him again, but this time with a weapon. And the second time you encounter him, you start the fight by doing a plunging attack on his head which takes half of his life.

Edited by phil11

I really wish you could make the conceal appearance power so that vampires could assume a human from (what they looked like before turning). Sure you could remain in that form for a long time (if not permanently until you need to feed). But there is just some intrinsic role-playing pleasure of running around among humans when they can't tell what you really are. I loved this power in oblivion. There was a great mod that let you do this. Please consider it. I am sure it can be done, and I really think this mod needs it to be lore friendly and had a whole lot of fun too. PLEASE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_U_VE6FlA&feature=youtube_gdata

I might consider making Verita Nascosta only consume magicka if you're starving. This way you can pop it up whenever you want, just for fun.

So check it nskin039, you asked for two things and got them and it only took me 1.5 hours of work. :)

Off to make some dinner.

-MM

I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-MM

I suggest making it consume a lot of magicka if you are starving, or disable it completely. Thanks again for this. You rule.

P.S. I have two weeks of school left, if you are still beta testing at that point I'd be happy to help!

-MM

I suggest making it consume a lot of magicka if you are starving, or disable it completely. Thanks again for this. You rule.

P.S. I have two weeks of school left, if you are still beta testing at that point I'd be happy to help!

Hi Nskin,

I can't really disable it as it's technically the foundation of our entire "how to enter a town when you're starving so you can feed" piece. But I did end up removing magicka as a requirement when not starving. Starving is a user modifable global value and represents a value from 0 to whatever you decide BeluaMaxSatiatedLevel should be. Then, there's also the AOS value.

So consider that we have two levels we're now tracking...

Level 1) The bad effects will kick in and you have permanent detect life. This amount at which you are considered to be starving is based on a global variables called BeluaStarvedLevel. This is the valueI described above.

Level 2) This is when Attack On Sight kicks in and it actually works independently of BeluaStarvedLevel with the changes I made for you tonight. It's controlled via a global called BeluaHungeredAOSLevel.

If you are starving (i.e. your satiated level is less than or equal to the BeluaStarvedLevel) or your SatiatedLevel is less than or equal to BeluaHungeredAOSLevel then it consumes magicka. The rate scales based on your vampirelevel but honestly not by too much. I think I mentioned it in a previous post.

So basically, you can be considered AOS ALL the time by setting the BeluaHungeredAOSLevel to whatever your BeluaMaxSatiatedLevel is set to (100 by default). Come to think of it, maybe it should ONLY cost magicka if you're hungered and NOT if your KOS. Most people are going to be hungry before they're KOS anyway (except you nskin039). :)

-MM

Whether

Sounds good to me, those are great ideas. And that's a great POC, too!

Added Asbonditus Informis (if someone can come up with proper latin...it just sounded cool).

I took a Latin class a loooong time ago, but here's my input anyway. You mean absconditus, right?

Yup...misspelled but I like the names list you provided much better! You took latin? I took French (so should have taken latin) but that was 25 years ago and still not much help. I had gone with a different name for the spell in Italian but I like the latin sound much better. Maybe you should think of some other names for our spells! :)

"Occulto Forma" - Conceal one's form or appearance

"Velo Habitus" - Cover, veil, or conceal one's condition

"Apscondo Natura Physicos" - Conceal one's physical nature

"Celo Morbus" - Conceal or disguise one's sickness, disease, or vice.

"Abdo Depravatio - Hide one's perversion or deviation in appearance.

Pretty much any combination of those will work, so whatever sounds the best. Up to you.

Those are awesome. So hard to pick the right one.

lol. The first boss in the Undead Asylum? You're not supposed to fight him at first unless you want to punch him for 15 minutes straight, which is a huge pain in the ass. Doing so gives you a powerful weapon, but it's useless since you need like 50 strength or something absurd in order to use it. Just run by the boss and through a door to your left and you'll get a chance to fight him again, but this time with a weapon. And the second time you encounter him, you start the fight by doing a plunging attack on his head which takes half of his life.

Yeah...I ran passed him the first time, finding the door...but... I did not realize you could do a drop attack onto his head! Well, maybe when I stop modding Skyrim I'll take another stab at it. haha.

-MM

What about these names?

1. Sumo mortalis Formo (assume/take mortal form)

2. Sumo mortalis (assume/take mortal)

3. Dissimulo verus Formo (Conceal true form)

4. Velo verus Formo (Veil/Cover true form)

(If my word order is wrong sorry. I googeled the Latin term for each word)

Edited by nskin039