[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

hmm a while back it was talking about making the player teleport to a grave and waking up but i think it was droped because it should not breake any quest. but what if it was like you becomes a vampire right there but you will only get a smal bonus but then when you travel to a house of the dead or a graveplace and sleep in it for a day and a night to complte the transformation and become a true vampire? (sorry if i have forgotten that this has already been made beause i cant remember all of the post before :D )

I don't see why that would break quests. When you become a vampire you fall over "dead" and then wake up (after being teleported) in the nearest grave/cemetery. I think that would be awesome. Please implement. There was a similar mod in Morrowind it was epic.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@above

Although I think it would be pretty cool to do something like waking up in a coffin, I think one of the main things with this version of vampirism is with it being a disease. As a disease would not teleport you to a grave we can think of other options.

Maybe in your search for blood, you stumbled into a Hall of the Dead. Or maybe someone thought you were dead and thus put you in the Hall.

It also seems cliched that you have to sleep in a coffin.

I humbly think that we should just stick with the intro to vampirism as it is. Partly because of the work it would give MM and Jackisthe.

P.S. If I make no sense, Its cold medison and late night talking\

goodnight

~Liszt

@above

Although I think it would be pretty cool to do something like waking up in a coffin, I think one of the main things with this version of vampirism is with it being a disease. As a disease would not teleport you to a grave we can think of other options.

Maybe in your search for blood, you stumbled into a Hall of the Dead. Or maybe someone thought you were dead and thus put you in the Hall.

I humbly think that we should just stick with the intro to vampirism as it is. Partly because of the work it would give MM and Jackisthe.

goodnight

~Liszt

I am advocating that the first time you contract full vampirism that you wake up in a graveyard or cemetery. Not when you first contract the disease but when it has fully developed. That would simulate you having "died" and being buried. Waking later in the cemetery. That would be only time you would be teleported.

@above

goodnight

~Liszt

I am advocating that the first time you contract full vampirism that you wake up in a graveyard or cemetery. Not when you first contract the disease but when it has fully developed. That would simulate you having "died" and being buried. Waking later in the cemetery. That would be only time you would be teleported.

We might be able to implement that. It's not going to happen in the initial test release, but I think it's feasbile. Right now, however, for testing purposes, the only way to become a Belua Sanguinare vampire is to drink the blood of a Belua Sanguinare vampire. Which ... you are presently given if you load the mod and ARE a vampire, or BECOME a vampire. (actually...need some testing around that).

Fleshed out Bounty Hunter Quest a bit more... still can't get the note I want to appear in their inventory, but it's working and now resets on DEATH of any/all bounty hunters. And I like that the implementation so far has worked regardless of where I trigger it.

Have one bug I need to squash and then it's more fit and polish. I'm ready to get the beta rolling of the initial release. I've tweaked all the feeding requirements. Now I need to write up documentation. There's A LOT to document about this mod, although the journal gives you some very basics. Ran into one interesting bug I need to fix. Damn Vigilant dispelled my "Sense Garlic" ability. lol. Peasants are VERY superstitious and carry garlic like itheir life depended on it. Hope you're good at pickpocketing.

-MM

Right, and after a brief sojourn tomorrow, I'll report back my testing and any last minute issues. We're getting closer to beta everyone! Which I know I keep saying, but hey, it's true :P

Questing, and likely quest chains, will indeed be after initial release. I don't know how something like a one time teleportation spell is, but I suspect it's not THAT difficult..?

hmm a while back it was talking about making the player teleport to a grave and waking up but i think it was droped because it should not breake any quest. but what if it was like you becomes a vampire right there but you will only get a smal bonus but then when you travel to a house of the dead or a graveplace and sleep in it for a day and a night to complte the transformation and become a true vampire? (sorry if i have forgotten that this has already been made beause i cant remember all of the post before :D )

I don't see why that would break quests. When you become a vampire you fall over "dead" and then wake up (after being teleported) in the nearest grave/cemetery. I think that would be awesome. Please implement. There was a similar mod in Morrowind it was epic.

the reason that woud break quest is that it is quest like a sertant prison quest in marakth and so on and it wil shurly come more mod-quest like that so maybe not a teleportation the your grave but give the player a way to not become a full vampire before you gove there yourself...

the reason that woud break quest is that it is quest like a sertant prison quest in marakth and so on and it wil shurly come more mod-quest like that so maybe not a teleportation the your grave but give the player a way to not become a full vampire before you gove there yourself...

So, vampire transformation is handled completely by the main Bethesday Player Vampire Quest script. As it stands right now I've got ZERO hooks into that questline (unlike previous where it was entirely hooked up and overwritten). What this means, is that eventually we can implement a STOP and prolongue the Sanguinare Vampiris disease until the player does or is in certain location to ensure that we have maximum compatibility. I think things like this will be doable... I'd rather prolongue their disease until they meet certain requirements (what those are haven't been discussed yet) and then do something just as you mention. Have them wake up in a graveyard, a crypt, or future quest related hold where they do transform. Thanks for cluing us in though, I would likely have not thought of it breaking certain quests without you mentioning it. The more work I do, the more respect I have for Bethesda and the fact that they've pieced all this together.

-MM

Excellent. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Uh oh... Uh. Sorry guys, my statement was a matter of state of mind, not that we're actually ready to do it. But we are close...I can taste it! Really just need to get some feedback from Jakisthe on the latest build, get that fixed up and the we should be ready. Just remember, the first will be a limited beta release and not the initial public release.

I really hope to get some good constructive feedback!!!

-MM