[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kind of worried when I watched the trailer, it will be pretty hard I think to integrate whatever Bethesda come up with. its good to know that ye're going to keep working on it. I defiantly think ye should make sure to keep an old file up on the nexus for people who don't get the DLC, although most people who download mods are probably getting the DLC, I know I am.

oh and congrats on getting into Time

Edited by flavyneo

Posting this here as well, in case it gets lost in the comments.

Hi All, I am quite literally just getting back and moving forward after being out of town on business for a week and some family medical issues. I have not had a chance to catch up on the goings on but just wanted to drop in and say thank you for your support and to let you know that I'm back. I will be, slowly, going through the posts to catch up on everything. I have a pretty full message box so if you've sent anything to me in the past two weeks and I haven't responded, know that a response is forthcoming. Also, with quite the busy schedule, I just found out about Dawnguard. Looks AWESOME! I love that they're giving Vampire's some much needed attention.

-MM

If you guys are doing story, you guys should look to Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. I'm serious.

It's a good example of vampirism in a civilized world. I thought it could serve to be a good example for Skyrim.

Does this work with bottles of blood? Just curious. Alternately, can you feed off of bandits and the like?

No bottles, but combat- and sneak-feeding (in addition to sleep-feeding). Look at the description pdf in the downlooad, it has almost 30 pages and describes everything very well.

Been watching everything release on dawnguard dlc. And was wondering if u could maybe make some of the new vampire lord abilities available to the "human" form as well but at like half power or something. Not sure of that would be to OP though. Also I found another vampire mod on nexus called "vampire thirst" that has some really cool ideas like when u get really hungry ur screen gets really red like all u can think about is feeding. And another thing the mod did I thought was immersive was when u use vampire abilities it would be at the cost of an invisible blood resource that would make u hungry faster O.o

Been watching everything release on dawnguard dlc. And was wondering if u could maybe make some of the new vampire lord abilities available to the "human" form as well but at like half power or something. Not sure of that would be to OP though. Also I found another vampire mod on nexus called "vampire thirst" that has some really cool ideas like when u get really hungry ur screen gets really red like all u can think about is feeding. And another thing the mod did I thought was immersive was when u use vampire abilities it would be at the cost of an invisible blood resource that would make u hungry faster O.o

-I haven't really given much thought to abilities outside of the form; it's mostly been me keeping a close watch to check for compatibility.

-We thought of having a red effect, but it was decided to be too distracting and was replaced with the detect life.

-As it happens, some of our abilities DO make you get hungrier faster ;)

Also, two three ideas as borne from the community:

Frost Resist:

This would be based in two segments. One would be normal vampire level: you gain +5% frost resist per vampire level. Thus, a Sire is 25% more immune to frost. Doesn't seem like much? Well, it's not done...at each level of starvation past the first one, you get an additional +10% frost resist. So a fully starved Sire is 75% immune to frost. The formula for all of that would be {5v+(5-s)10]% resist, where v=vampire level and s is starvation level. Kinda makes sense in that the more starved they are, the less blood they have, and thus less susceptible to attacks which affect bolidy fluids.

Blood of Last Fed

Instead of using race bonuses, becoming a BSR vampire means you abandon your blood for our mutated version. But I'd been thinking...and another user on the mod thread mentioned...what about utilizing the blood of your victims? This likely won't be added for a bit, since we've bugs/DG/clans/siring to work on, but here's what I had thought of-

If your last victim was a:

Altmer: +60 magicka for 3 minutes

Argonian: Recover health 2x as fast for 2 minutes

Bosmer: +10 to archery, light armor, pickpocket, sneak and alchemy for 3 minutes

Breton: +30% magic resistance for 3 minutes

Dunmer: +40% fire resistance for 2 minutes

Imperial: +10 to block, destruction, heavy armor, one handed, enchanting for 3 minutes

Elsweyr: 1.5x as fast for 1 minute

Nord: +50% frost resistance for 3 minutes

Orc: +25% physical damage resist for 1 minute

Redguard: Stamina regenerates 2x as fast for 2 minutes

EDIT: Oh, and ideas for hearts! There exist not just human ones...so what about these?

BriarHeart: +10 to all schools of magic, +10 to 1 and 2 handed for 3 minutes

DeadricHeart: +20 to 1 and 2 handed for 3 minutes

Edited by Jakisthe