[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

I recommend keeping it simple. I don't rate mods that dump a whole bunch of abilities, stats and powers on you, accompanied by a huge readme. If you can't help yourself, then I recommend having the player acquire the powers in a way that is intuitive, and gives them time to learn how to use them, like the dragon shouts.

Yes, I agree completely. That said, there are quite a lot of abilities among vampires, possibly the most of any "legendary creature of the night" (ie, werewolves, frankensteins, zombies, mummies, etc). The abilities which I am planning on adding all tend to build off each other while still remaining pretty unique; there's no, say, "Deal X ice damage" AND "Deal X+# fire and darkness damage" spells (which for some bizarre reason Beth seems to be really fond of). The vast, VAST majority of changes I have proposed are very passive ones, but passive in the sense that you have no control over them...but must deal with the consequences nonetheless, ie, sunlight damage.

Great mod! Good luck with it!Would be best if you add some clans of vampires, with the possibility of joining them.

Thanks! That is in fact part that I am considering, back in page..uh...4..ish or somewhere. I'll be the first to say I'm not the most knowledgeable about TES vampires, so I was just learning about the fact that were ARE clans and there WAS a city...which dovetails stupendously into my end-goal for vampires: to have a player aligned clan fight against werewolves for control of a holy city. Obviously, that's very, VERY down the line, but still.

Im thinking you should look at the Underworld films for vampire ideasalso may i suggest finding a team working on Werewolf and working with them to create now just two separate mods but one ultimate one that will also allow the one thing we all want Were-Pires !!!! or is is Vamp-Wolfs ?

Aren't the Underworld vampires basically..uh..normal ones with guns? As far as I can tell. It's been a while since I saw the movies, but...yeah...I mean, all their stats are in! But no guns, I'm afraid :ohdear:

I don't know, but I don't think Werepires/Vampolves exist in Tamriel. I know they don't exist in-game since both sides cancel out getting the other, but that might be for gameplay reasons.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont understand why decrease speechcraft.

vampires are known as very seductive characters. and not being able to swim is kinda harsh imo.

also, great work. i love vampires.

are you planning to make a version of overpowered vampire? you know, just to have some fun :D

edit:btw, is there any way i can help you to make the mod better? not asking to help modding, but.. i dunno. beta test it, give feedbacks...

as i said b4, i love vampires :3

Edited by espadaxin2

That is only really from the semi-modern version of vampires (ie, the last 200 years or so); all accounts prior cast them as hideously grotesque monsters and easily noticeable. Still, since there IS that bit about them being so wildly attractive, I did have it so that initially they have higher speechcraft...and it would then decrease rapidly while opening up a spell to bring it back up. Why? Well...

-Higher initially since they are closer to humans, having only recently turned, and as such still appear slightly human, albeit an incredibly attractive one.

-Decreasing as they get more vampiric, to demonstrate their shift to being a monster and also prevent high level vampires from simply being all powerful.

-Eventually becoming negative to harken back to the old lore about vampires being disgusting as they drank more and more blood.

-Giving the spell to make it so the player isn't constantly hated by everyone at a higher level of vampirism, but must expend mental energy to maintain a facade of civility.

Complicated, but I think it works well as far as gameplay and lore balance goes. And then there's the idea of bloodlust and what that does...but I'll leave that to cleverer minds than my own to figure out. Or at least ones not quite as preocupied with tests and the like.

Actually, I am going to have swimming and/or sinking. TES vampires apparently can swim, which certainly makes it easier to deal with. As for over powered though..eh...probably not. It's easy enough to tgm your way to being unstoppable; I want to make a change to gameplay instead of just giving players all the keys to the kingdom instantly.

That is only really from the semi-modern version of vampires (ie, the last 200 years or so); all accounts prior cast them as hideously grotesque monsters and easily noticeable. Still, since there IS that bit about them being so wildly attractive, I did have it so that initially they have higher speechcraft...and it would then decrease rapidly while opening up a spell to bring it back up. Why? Well...

-Higher initially since they are closer to humans, having only recently turned, and as such still appear slightly human, albeit an incredibly attractive one.

-Decreasing as they get more vampiric, to demonstrate their shift to being a monster and also prevent high level vampires from simply being all powerful.

-Eventually becoming negative to harken back to the old lore about vampires being disgusting as they drank more and more blood.

-Giving the spell to make it so the player isn't constantly hated by everyone at a higher level of vampirism, but must expend mental energy to maintain a facade of civility.

This idea. Yes, it's a pain to go into whiterun (and should be). You need to go out and use your spells to conceal your identity and perhaps you ran out. Now hat to find a safe spot QUICK to get ouf of here. This will bring more dynamics into the play.

Complicated, but I think it works well as far as gameplay and lore balance goes. And then there's the idea of bloodlust and what that does...but I'll leave that to cleverer minds than my own to figure out. Or at least ones not quite as preocupied with tests and the like.

Bloodlust is the measure of some aribirarily name container X, and how much Y it has. It be METER for HUNGER, UI element for LAST FED, VISUAL Element for how Hungry you are.

Certain tasks will deplete that meter over time. It will govern certain abilities and disable them if too low, re-enabling once high enough.

Actually, I am going to have swimming and/or sinking. TES vampires apparently can swim, which certainly makes it easier to deal with. As for over powered though..eh...probably not. It's easy enough to tgm your way to being unstoppable; I want to make a change to gameplay instead of just giving players all the keys to the kingdom instantly.

I think sinking is doable. Sinking has a seperate jump height that we can set. Then I'll add waterbreathing on top of that. They are undead. Alternatively if we can get crossing water worked out (let's say... they at least had to have a bridge) that gives a vampire twice a day he could cross, being hightide and lowtide. Essentiall Dusk and Dawn.

We need a session jam once the CK comes out!

-MM

the way of not going into water wil make it very hard to do the dark brotherhood and any other part of quest where you need to cross the sea of ice...

It's not really our intent to make sure you'll still be able to fulfill all your duties. You ARE a vampire, however, as these things arise, perhaps we can identify ways to workaround them. Artifacts to assist, but not completely nullify the weakness. What if you simply took damage when swimming? There are mechanics that can be altered or shifted to make it more of a nusance as a vampire than an impossible task for the player.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

As for over powered though..eh...probably not. It's easy enough to tgm your way to being unstoppable

i meant overpowered, not unstoppable.

edit: maybe you could make more and stronger vampirism levels.

Edited by espadaxin2

hov about a menu like you uses a spell/item get a menu up and can do like minor tweaks ingame (i have seen it often in oblivion in varius mods) like you choose disable, damage or full in things like the water system, sun damage, blood needs and so on. because the player himself can disable the tings he dont like or cant have on because he/she needs it disablet for one quest.

hov about a menu like you uses a spell/item get a menu up and can do like minor tweaks ingame (i have seen it often in oblivion in varius mods) like you choose disable, damage or full in things like the water system, sun damage, blood needs and so on. because the player himself can disable the tings he dont like or cant have on because he/she needs it disablet for one quest.

yeah, that would be usefull. adding options to make the game more "flexible" to players.

Hmm...

I don't know. See, this is butting up against gameplay....I know it's not the same thing as being unstoppable, but what is the different between, say editing your vampire to be incredibly overpowered and opening up the console and simply ratcheting up your fire resistance to 100? Or something similar. Now, not to say it's bad, but I wanted to make it a new, unique way of playing, not simply being incredibly powerful. It's hard to put into words >.<

Now, however, that we FINALLY have the creation kit, it's time to get cracking! I don't think it should be to tooo hard to enable most passives..but I am, of course, just begging to be proven wrong with that statement.