[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

@MofoMojo and the others from belua sanguinare mod

i have some ideas:

1: when you use the leap your body transform into many bats right.

perhaps if you change that into 1 bat instead of that mist form you can transform into the bat to fly around,or as many bats.

the animation is already in the bats flying ( using wings flapping ) so that makes it a bit easier to when you start from nothing.

2: perhaps if you rise in rank you can use the wolf form aswell.

3: trying some coffins to sleep in for the player to use,like an open coffin with inside a bedroll or so.

4: if you are making vampire clans to join it would be handy to have some trader, or trainers inside the clan.

5:perhaps marry inside the vampire clan to your love one

6:some altars to make blood into bottles when you are out of npc's to feed from.( offcourse an evil altar that won't harm vampires like the daedra does )

7:or perhaps some kinda rank you can also feed from the corpses or animals,maybe those might become feral vampires and getting a very high bounty if they

get into town or so.

8:some kinda vampire rules you have to obey,when you going to like have bad rank the highest rank 5, bounty hunters or even some of the clans will chop off your

head.( i saw this in vampire the masqurade )or getting banned from a clan and automatic you become feral.

( vampires trying to stay hidden from people and for a reason,only to feed when they less be aware of their pressence or they might get wiped out )

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions! As for my take on them:

-We'd have to make a bat model, which is...challenging, as there is no real analog already in skyrim and frankly, I'm bamboozled with anything but 3dxMax

-We thought of that, and discussed it at length, but in the end, we decided that wolves are the domain of another...creature of the night. Other animal transformations are planned.

-You know, someone contacted me about having their coffins in BSR a few weeks ago..I should follow up on that..

-Our plans for clans (rhyming!) are very, very extensive. At least, my notes are, a bit of which I've shared with MM

-Bottled blood is...a sticky subject. We don't want to make them just potions, because then it becomes mechanically the same as any other vanilla Skyrim player. Still, things to consider.

-Also discussed, but in the end, we decided that vampires aren't canibals or corpse-eaters. To us, that dilutes the power of blood for our BSR vampires, and animals would get complicated fast as far as balancing the feed and fact that they don't attack. As I recall, I said something along the lines of "animals would become mobile treasure chests that you need to beat the health out of". That said, the feral thing is kinda incorporated with the starvation system.

-Vampire bounty hunters are actually implemented, and they are quite dangerous indeed. Other rules are more organically incorporated; such as the trespassing rule.

Regardless of my thoughts that time, don't let it stop you! Or anyone. Suggestions are always appreciated!

@MofoMojo and the others from belua sanguinare mod

i have some ideas:

1: when you use the leap your body transform into many bats right.

perhaps if you change that into 1 bat instead of that mist form you can transform into the bat to fly around,or as many bats.

the animation is already in the bats flying ( using wings flapping ) so that makes it a bit easier to when you start from nothing.

We definitely have it in long term plans to do the bat form, but currently we're just not at a place where we can do it. The Bats you see in the teleportation spell are actually a visual effect as opposed to models, so they work a lot differently. We're still starting from ground zero on this one. But good idea!

2: perhaps if you rise in rank you can use the wolf form aswell.

Personally I love this idea, Dracula was ever to shape shift into wolf form but as Jakisthe said we had a lot of discussion and suprisingly, most thought we should leave that out as it reminded them too much of werewolves.

3: trying some coffins to sleep in for the player to use,like an open coffin with inside a bedroll or so.

I am going to be doing some testing with a private mod that was sent to us by ravenmast0r that provides support to do just this. If it works out we're going to either integrate or package the mod up for release with ours in a soon to be released update.

4: if you are making vampire clans to join it would be handy to have some trader, or trainers inside the clan.

As Jakisthe points out, she's made extensive plans with regards to implementing Vampire Clans and we've had some discussions on creating some vampire themed weaponry and armor, but most likely as quest rewards. What type of traders and trainers are you thinking about? Can you expand on this a bit?

6:some altars to make blood into bottles when you are out of npc's to feed from.( offcourse an evil altar that won't harm vampires like the daedra does )

Have to agree with Jakisthe on this. We feel that there's a very good balance right now with having to feed and managing feed requirements, especially with the high availability of hearts which can be hoarded and provide good levels of satiation. If anything I might consider making the Fresh Healthy Hearts provide a little more satiation than the damaged ones.

Keep the discussion going. A lot of what we've implemented has parted from our original design plans due to forum involvement and a general concensus to go in one direction or another. Thank you for the suggestions!

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

The link to get here, at the bottom of the description page, she maybe not worka so good. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/%22http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/525207-wip-belua-sanguinare-revisited/%22

Possible mod conflicts to report: CTD and save game corruption whilst using Way of the Monk and Belua Sanguinare with Drow Child. Crash happens when player is a vampire, which isn't supposed to be possible as a child drow but taking the belua potion overrides, and then tries to sleep and become a greater vampire. Also crashes randomly when using fast travel. Now I'm going to go back and test again with Way of the monk disabled.

The link to get here, at the bottom of the description page, she maybe not worka so good. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/%22http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/525207-wip-belua-sanguinare-revisited/%22

Possible mod conflicts to report: CTD and save game corruption whilst using Way of the Monk and Belua Sanguinare with Drow Child. Crash happens when player is a vampire, which isn't supposed to be possible as a child drow but taking the belua potion overrides, and then tries to sleep and become a greater vampire. Also crashes randomly when using fast travel. Now I'm going to go back and test again with Way of the monk disabled.

Yeah, the links in the description are doing weird things. If I edit the link in the description it looks correct, but skyrimnexus is prefixing skyrimnexus' own URL to it.

You bring up an interesting point on the Belua Sanguinare and mods that potentially (unfamiliar with it) add additional classes. This wouldn't be combatible with custom classes, so I should work on the Blood Script not to allow you to use it unless you were a supported class.

Additionally...and maybe this is a bonus.... I am pretty sure we'll let you become a werewolf/vampire hybrid too now that I think about it. The Champions may not like that.

-MM

Edit: Fixed the URLS. Need to use single quotes instead of doublequotes for URL links.

Edited by MofoMojo

Ok, next release (v 1.2) contains preventative code to keep you from being a Belua Sanguinare Vampire if you're using custom races, or are a child. The CTD on progressing when a child is likely because the animation used for the levitation is not intended to be used on child models (guessing). Custom races *could* be supported, but there are some caveats.

Custom races technically aren't supported as vampires, even in the default scripts, because of the race change to a vampire race, although if memory servers the original player vampire script has a "default" race if you don't match up to one of the other races. The problem with that approach, to me, is one of vanity. Switching races between races that don't support morphing will screw up your characters face, and I don't want that to happen. There's also the cure problem which needs to switch you back to your previous race.

I'm still working on figuring out the Solitude issue. I can reproduce it, but I can't determine why or who is there that wants you dead. As long as you've not been to solitude before (which is the key) if you're a belua sanguinare vampire, then someone at the scene wants you dead. I thought it might be a secret Vigilant or Silverhand member but that doesn't seem to be the case. If you're not a vampire, and you use the blood during that scene they'll attack you. If you're not a vampire and you hide, use the blood, and what until the scene is over they will not attack you. I've gone through the scripts that manage that scene and they use CrimeFactionHaafinger and SolitudeOpeningPrisoner faction but neither are enemies of the Belua Factions. Still investigating this one.

-MM

Edit: OK, I have an "idea" of what is going on. It's probably one of the cloak effects being registered as applying to the prisoner, and if you apply any "positive" effect to the prisoner during that scene the guards will attack you. I think I have some work to do.

Edit2: Solitude bug is squashed and will be in the 1.2 release. This will likely also keep people from referring to your dangerous spell even when you don't have a spell readied.

Edited by MofoMojo

v1.2 is out with the following changes:

•  
  • Removed ability to become Belua Sanguinare Vampire if not using default races.This will prevent certain anamolies and game breaking issues, such as Forma, which rely on switching out classes.
  • Fixed Solitude Attack Bug. If you are a vampire and never been to solitude, the guards would attack you during the prisoner scene.
  • Fixed pale vampires. This was in the system previously, but got disabled at some point possibly after a system crash I had.
  • If you use Vampire's Kiss and the victim dies, if they owned the bed they slept in, it will have no ownership.
  • If you use Vampire's Kiss inside a residence they owned, and the victim dies, it will become yours.
  • If you Thrall a victim inside a residence they owned, it will transfer ownership to you.
  • Removed "Belua Holding Cell" from game