[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

I simply can't praise this mod enough.

I'm sure it's been brought up earlier on in this thread, but the only two nitpicks I have are that I could do without constantly hearing the jingle to remind me that I'm boiling in the sunlight. I imagine it's not a big deal for lower-leveled chars who can't have much fun in the sun, but my pet vamp has Health to burn (literally, hardy har har). The only other thing is that when I chose the option to "Harvest Heart" from fallen NPCs, if the ground is uneven, I find myself clipping through the floor on occasion and hurtling into the abyss. Not sure how much of that you can really control, but those are really the only things that I felt were amiss... which is a testament to how well-polished this mod is.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a question really, how do you remove Belua Sanguinare? Same way as normal vampirism or Console Commands?

Console commands. It's a fairly involved mod so you want to make sure all the active spell effects, etc,. are removed. Take a look at the documentation, as we have a section on it, but the short of it is to use the following in console:

Set BeluaGlobalCurrentVampireLevel to -1

And then wait, "T", an hour.

Nthomas5143, As of 1.2.3 Sunlight health damage can be reversed (Sire's take no damage while fledglings take most) or removed entirely.

Vicelight - I removed the repositioning of the player when harvesting hearts in 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 so I'm hoping that will keep you from falling through floors. Prior to that I tried to reposition the player to align with the corpse, but it just didn't work as well as I had hoped and quite honestly, resulted in too many drops off ledges, etc,.

flavyneo - I'm thinking of adding an option when you feed to just go ahead and fully satiate yourself at the cost of the victims life. Adding in options to support varying levels of feed is just too difficult but I hope being prompted for Normal Feed/Drain Victim won't be too much of an immersion breaker. Alternatively, I'll create a "Drain" option so when you activate a person you get either "Feed" or "Drain". We'll have to see. It's on the drawing board so to speak.

-MM

hey I know ye probably have enough on yere plates but I was watching a van helsing last night and thought it'd be cool if you could like hiss and show you teeth at an enemy, the same way the werewolf can growl and scare enemy's away.

Take a look at the documentation, as we have a section on it, but the short of it is to use the following in console:

I looked for the documentation but it isn't in the mod, or I am blind. I know I saw it a few days ago, but now I don't see it anymore. Could you double check if it maybe wasn't removed or if is stil there. I probably should have installed it in the first place, but I didn't see the need on editing the mod too much. Meh, we learn from our mistakes.

Take a look at the documentation, as we have a section on it, but the short of it is to use the following in console:

I looked for the documentation but it isn't in the mod, or I am blind. I know I saw it a few days ago, but now I don't see it anymore. Could you double check if it maybe wasn't removed or if is stil there. I probably should have installed it in the first place, but I didn't see the need on editing the mod too much. Meh, we learn from our mistakes.

I took down the seperate documentation download. It was up becuase I left the documentation out of one of the builds. Just downloaded 1.2.3 and cofirmed it's in the .RAR. BSRrelease_manual.docx and BSRrelease_manual.pdf. I wonder if NMM does something different with them. A little wary to test NMM right now as I have changes in progress that I don't want to lose. They're definitely in the manual download.

-MM

I have the same problem as Omega64 had a couple of days ago - I drink the potion, the scene triggers, it finishes, the game crashes. No custom race/class/whatever else I could think of... and using the console just doesn't work at all (this is, no errors, but it does nothing at all). Odd, huh?

I have the same problem as Omega64 had a couple of days ago - I drink the potion, the scene triggers, it finishes, the game crashes. No custom race/class/whatever else I could think of... and using the console just doesn't work at all (this is, no errors, but it does nothing at all). Odd, huh?

If you want to drop a save game on dropbox for me I can see what I can determine about it. Otherwise, PM me and I'll send you my email address if you haven't narrowed it down.

-MM

If you want to drop a save game on dropbox for me I can see what I can determine about it. Otherwise, PM me and I'll send you my email address if you haven't narrowed it down.

-MM

Thank you very much for your quick response. I uploaded two saves, due to second one being in a mod area (castle Strunmah).

Non-mod area

Mod area

The result is the same on both saves, and all other saves for that matter. This was tested on 1.2.3, I'll try 1.2.4 today.

EDIT!!!: Downloaded a couple of saves from the nexus. All of them work all fine after drinking the potion. Must be some kind of a character quirk.

Edited by scrdest

Flavyneo: Looks scary! I actually have a fang model floating around somewhere, but there are...well, the bugs to worry about for now. Plus utilizing your extremely impressive quest ideas :)

Also, in regards to your idea to have a sneak kill move...maybe. That could be overpowered, we don't want to have too many single use spells, and..well, you can kill as it is by being starving :P

nthomas: This is actually in the game. Sorry for the last response about it, btw! At any rate, there a code which reverses the direction of sunlight damage (so a sire is most resistant). Set this to any number that's neither a 0 nor a 1 and you'll disable that + trespass damage.

lolozori: Such an item is being planned and balanced for the clan content portion :D

Masterzixx: Excellent idea! I'm sure it's there somewhere. Hmm...perhaps that's possible to scale to stealth level..let me see...something like sound_magnitude=(101-s)/100*mag, where s is your sneak skill. Sneakier you are, the quieter it is! How's that?

SirSquidy: We're certainly interested in expanding into animations, but first...bugs. Heh. Plus, I need to learn how to get 3DxMax stuff into .nif >.<

I do have a question though, when updating do we go with the simple "yes" overwrite in NMM or uninstall the previous version and install the latest? It doesn't specify in the document.