[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

If you do plan to mod in daedric blessings, Molag Bal and Vaermina have to be included. Its part of the lore that Molag Bal created vampires and apparently Vaermina is involved somehow. It might be good to recieve damage near places important to Arkay considering Molag Bal created vampires specifically to annoy him.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do plan to mod in daedric blessings, Molag Bal and Vaermina have to be included. Its part of the lore that Molag Bal created vampires and apparently Vaermina is involved somehow. It might be good to recieve damage near places important to Arkay considering Molag Bal created vampires specifically to annoy him.

Those are VERY good ideas WiseMan999. And yes, from Opusculus Lamae Bal ta Mezzamorite. The Vaermina reference is a little vague as they haven't really expanded on it but she did provided a cure to Vampirism.

I love the imperial library!

-MM

:-( daedric blessings was my idea there... :-( But anyhow. Obviously there shouldn't be a blessing for each daedric lord but perhaps 9 as a sort of inverse counter to the 9 themselves.

But the question is which 9 should be the daedric 9?

Molag Bal,

Hircine.

Boethiah

Clavicus Vile <also a patron of vampires>

Mehrunes Dagon

Mephala

Malacath

Namira

Sanguine

Some of these Daedric Lords don't have shrines and perhaps they'd have to be made with the creation kit.

Now Hircine why? Well Vampires hunt just like werewolves just well vampires that are more feral hunters give praise to Hircine. So well that could be a part of contention that both vampires and werewolves have as they share the same daedric worship.

Edited by PrimalMight1

yo

with my vampire i would much prefer a monster than a hero or villain, so to add to this may i suggest a "Claw" replacement for unnarmed, not like Khajiit claws which are pretty much fists, but claws which act like dual daggers, thus already existing finishing moves will be more interesting. i suppose it would also be cool if one needed to be unarmed to feed during combat...

Sorry PrimalMight1, I simply assumed that you were asking MofoMojo to implement daedric blessings so I directed my comment at him. I didn't mention Clavicus Vile as he was the origin of the Cyrodillic Vampires which you don't (as far as I'm aware) see in Skyrim. Now that you mention him though, what about a quest or two to get Clavicus Vile to bless you in a similar way to the Cyrodillic vampires - the ability to really fit into human populations. Also, I wonder what the effects of the fusion of vampire blood that confers vampirism with the Dovahkiin's dragon blood?

Sorry PrimalMight1, I simply assumed that you were asking MofoMojo to implement daedric blessings so I directed my comment at him. I didn't mention Clavicus Vile as he was the origin of the Cyrodillic Vampires which you don't (as far as I'm aware) see in Skyrim. Now that you mention him though, what about a quest or two to get Clavicus Vile to bless you in a similar way to the Cyrodillic vampires - the ability to really fit into human populations. Also, I wonder what the effects of the fusion of vampire blood that confers vampirism with the Dovahkiin's dragon blood?

All interesting ideas. FWIW, my specific response to WiseMan999 was in regards to the idea of causing damage if approaching an artifact of Arkay (assuming their is one) and ensuring there are some Daedric elements that apply to the lore. I don't see anything referencing Arkay in SkyEdit, but that doesn't mean we couldn't build out shrines.It's a good idea (from both of you) but not currently on my todo list, although that list is fairly short at the moment.

Actually there are references to Arkay and I can't believe I forgot them. I had ACTIVE flag set in skyedit when I was searching for them. I feel a bit daft.o

-MM

Edit: grammar

Edit 2: Stupid filter

Edited by MofoMojo

And also maybe the altars of Dagon, Molag Bal, and some other daedric lords can give the players their version of a blessing.

Actually that would be a good idea in general. There's a morality actor value apparently (or that's what it's currently called in SkyEdit) that I wonder if it's similar to Karma. If so, actor morality could allow you to use those shrines and gain "dark blessings" as you call it.

-MM

Any vampire mod must include some serious disabilities and weaknesses to balance out strengths *in an interesting way*. It's no good if the weakness is "has a lisp". There's no game in simply adding + to everything. The player can already beat hundreds of bad guys in a row without dying, so why do you want to make it even easier?

I would like to see a vampire mod with a big list of minus signs, and a few interesting plusses that will require cunning and skill to use.

Otherwise, when you become a vampire, just print a message saying "You win Skyrim." :)

Edited by rptb1