FNIS opens and immediately closes

Ignigenae

Hi, I recently decided it might be better to switch to Mod Organizer since so many people are praising it.

Sure enough, many of the mods I failed to get to work with NMM worked great with MO. However, there seems to be one problem. I try to run FNIS and I can see it open in task manager and Mod Organizer says: MO is locked while executable is running (like it's supposed to do) But returns to its normal state as FNIS doesn't open correctly.
I have tried opening it from the folder itself, didn't work.

I have tried installing it manually, didn't work.

I have tried administrator rights but to no avail.

Before when I used NMM, FNIS worked fine. Nothing wrong with it. But I feel like I can solve the problem and continue using Mod Organizer. (Plus I would like to keep the mods that finally work).

This is what I first get after I have installed it and run FNIS:
After I press yes, FNIS opens in task manager, not the window itself but closes again when this window pops up:

When I press yes, FNIS stops running and I can't run it again because when I do, it stays open for 3-5 seconds and shuts down again.

Just to show it actually does pop up in TM but not the actual window:

Edited by Ignigenae

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue, except that mine worked great the first few times. Now, when I open it, it instantly closes. No error message, nothing. Just opens for a moment then closes. Reinstalled it and XPMSSE a few times, the mods and ESPs are all checked and active. So I have no idea what the problem is.