How to stop BOSS from moving player-moved mods...

therebeunicorns

BOSS is fine organizing the ones it recognizes, but there are some it doesn't recognize and I need to move myself. Specifically, I have to move them towards the bottom for them to work. But then I add another mod in my process, and run BOSS, then those mods get moved back to the middle.

It'd be nice to lock them in place or something. I can deal if it's not possible, because it's more annoying to move them all the time than an actual problem.

Run BOSS from the desktop icon (aka the full GUI I think) and you will see something called User Rules.

What you will do is use the User Rules editing interface to specify whether you want xyz.esp to be either before or after abc.esp (which will correspond to where you are currently trying to manually sort).

Run BOSS from the desktop icon (aka the full GUI I think) and you will see something called User Rules.

What you will do is use the User Rules editing interface to specify whether you want xyz.esp to be either before or after abc.esp (which will correspond to where you are currently trying to manually sort).

Thank you, I didn't even know of a GUI launcher, but I found it and can now work with it.

If you report those unrecognized mods to mhahn123 at BOSS Masterlist for Oblivion they can be added to the masterlist (and then when you run the full BOSS GUI it will deactivate your user rule). Include the exact ESP file name and a link to the mod (if possible), as well as any tips on what works for that particular mod as far as load order that you may have.