Who is your favorite companion?

mehungry

I almost never bring companions with me on my missions, but if I have to choose one it's Cicero :laugh:

I killed him in my game and BOY did that feel good . I simply could not stomach his Jester self. And i couldn't care less about what the Night Mother would say , if she had any real power she wouldn't need a listener to do her bidding lol .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Cicero because he has a lot of interesting dialog. However, whenever I turn around and see his face I get totally creeped out.

I wanted to have Elenwen as a companion, but the console command to make her a follower wouldn't work. Have you seen her magic? She kills basically anything in like one hit. I saw her take out a ton of guards in Ivarstead when I followed the Imperial delegation down the mountain.

Edited by drakkenfan

Lydia. I made her essential with the NPC editor program. She looks pretty good already, and doesn't say much, but it's always funny to hear "Oh, look a cave. I wonder what's inside?" When we all know it's filled with 5,000 year old dragur with gold coins in their non existent pockets, with Tiber Septim's head on them. About that, where did they get those new coins? Do they have jobs or something when not waiting on hapless adventurers?

I can not stand having any followers. They always trigger traps, and get in the way. How many times has a follower jumped right in your swing of motion or line of shot? They also block doorways, and most of them will attack any red dot on sight, Even if you where planning to try and get the jump on a target(s) ( not referring to stealh) before the target(s) see you. The few followers Lidiya with her attitude burden remark, and Iona with her why did we stop attitude, annoys me. But I do sometimes bring them out. I dunno it seems kinda harsh to leave them sit at your house all the time. In away I feel bad to leave them sit and do nothing I suppose. But if it was up to me, I would not had followers in game at all.

First I used Cicero, then... I can't say he is annoying, nothing really, compared to say Lydia. But he speaks all the time, so I can't hear anyone else. So I stick with dark brotherhood initiates. They: have a good sneak, one-handed, archery,light armor. They can also use the best bow available, and scale with you in level and cannot be killed.

"Oh, look a cave. I wonder what's inside?" When we all know it's filled with 5,000 year old dragur with gold coins in their non existent pockets, with Tiber Septim's head on them.

I've always assumed that all mobs swallow the loot. That goes for all games.

There's nothing quite as disturbing as finding silverware, a plate and a sword inside the tummy of a wolf. Hrm.

I really like Cosnach, but I only recently started using companions. They don't work too well when you play a sneaky character that jumps out of the shadows and slits peoples throats.

My favorites are Kharjo and Stenvar...Stenvar's a real tank and Kharjo's a great Archer with decent stealth and I like his attitude and dialog...I have Stenvar at the moment, but am about to do Kharjo's Moon Amulet mission and will swap out to him....yesterday I downloaded the Animal Companion Rings Mod and now have a Snowy Sabre Tooth following my PC everywhere (awesome in battle), so I figure I will go with a theme and have two cat companions for my Nord... :biggrin:

I've been using Lydia for around 50 levels. I've got 100 in smithing, enchanting and alchemy, so she is currently rocking Daedric Armor and a Daedric Warhammer. I don't let her wear helmets because she looks nice without them.

Overall, I haven't had too many problems. I'm a stealth archer and I just stay in front and shoot anything before they see either of us. I don't usually have a problem with Lydia running past me and getting in the way, although I have shot her in the ass and killed her a few times by misake, but I just reload. If you hug the walls, you can usually guide her past trigger plates so she doesn't set off the traps. Otherwise I just throw a healing spell on her.

My steallth is better than hers, so enemies will run past me to attack her. As long as I aim carefully, it's no problem to shoot them in the back.

There have been a few times when enemies have gotten behind me, and I'm thinkning, "Dammit, hold still so I can shoot you!" And then Lydia whacks them in the back of the head with the Daedric Warhammer and they go down. Thanks, Lydai!