The Thalmor Ignorance

Stormcrown

I like how you put 'sings; in quotes. :thumbsup:

Although, it's possible that the Daedra are just messing with everyone for their amusement. The Divines don't usually seem very powerful, and anything so far could have been a long-running joke by the Daedra. Maybe Mehrunes Dagon found the whole Oblivion Crisis an amusing distraction, SPOILER BELOW

just like the small 'revival' of his cult.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about that.

Akatosh seemed pretty darned powerful when he beat down 'lil Dagon and put a stop to his temper tantrum. :teehee:

It is a running theme in TES since Morrowind that the divines either don't care or don't exist. The daedra worshipers are always going on about how their 'gods' actually do something in the world.

I dunno about that.

Akatosh seemed pretty darned powerful when he beat down 'lil Dagon and put a stop to his temper tantrum. :teehee:

It is a running theme in TES since Morrowind that the divines either don't care or don't exist. The daedra worshipers are always going on about how their 'gods' actually do something in the world.

I think its more of a 'can't do anything'. Akatosh is the most powerful fot he divines, and even his involvement is limited. One has to remember, however, that when they created the world, they lost the vast majority of their power. To the extent that they are mostly confined to their own domains. These domains are represented by the planets which orbit Mundus

If Talos isn't a true god, then why did the prophet from Knights of the Nine refer to him as one of the divines? In addition, you needed to go on a pilgrimage and pray at the altars of the divines... and Talos' altar was among them as a requirement.

From what i understand , Talos is a man who became a Divine after he died .

You can ask the preacher in whiterun . Yes the very annoying , very very very very annoying priest that keeps yelling and screeming just down the stairs that lead to Dragon's reach. I killed him in my game just cuz i couldn't stand his voice anymore and BOYYY is it a releaf not to have to hear him anymore but before i killed him, i talked to him and asked him questions about Talos and thats what he told me .

That he was once a man but once he died , he became a Divine. I don't know his whole story though but i'm sure there is a book somewhere that talks about him. I do recall seeing a book called " The Talos Mistake" i just never took the time to read it .

hope this clarifies a few things for you guys .

Krawll

The divines are actually pretty powerfull, but they are the forces of creation and the Daedra are the forces of change, so the Daedra take a more direct involvement in "changing" Nirn. As for Talos he is definetly a divine, this is supported by the armor of tiber septim being "blood of a divine" as stated before. And the thalmor are just annoying.

It depends on who you are asking. To the Thalmor, he's the devil incarnate. To them, it is a hateful notion that he is part of their pantheon of gods. They can't say that because it would make them look weak so they do their best to downplay his power and convince people he doesn't exist. It is the same way necromancers try to convince people not to cremate their dead or perform Arkay's rites after death. If no one believes in him then no one will seek his aid against the Thalmor.

It would make for an interesting expansion actually to either bring Talos's vengeance against the Thalmor or work to kill/replace him. It wouldn't be the first time a PC replaced a god. Knowing the Thalmor's popularity though, I imagine people will still be hailing Talos for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I never did see that about the blood of the divine.

Unless thats a lore mistake by Bethesda, (Which I highly doubt) it solidifies that the Thalmor are just butt hurt. ^_^

I'll start a new thread about the DLC. :P

From what i understand , Talos is a man who became a Divine after he died .

You can ask the preacher in whiterun . Yes the very annoying , very very very very annoying priest that keeps yelling and screeming just down the stairs that lead to Dragon's reach. I killed him in my game just cuz i couldn't stand his voice anymore and BOYYY is it a releaf not to have to hear him anymore but before i killed him, i talked to him and asked him questions about Talos and thats what he told me .

That he was once a man but once he died , he became a Divine. I don't know his whole story though but i'm sure there is a book somewhere that talks about him. I do recall seeing a book called " The Talos Mistake" i just never took the time to read it .

hope this clarifies a few things for you guys .

Krawll

During the sack of Whiterun quest (I was Imperial), that guy was still there shouting and preaching even with fireballs from the Stormcloak catapults falling. Talk about faith.

But seriously, I believe that the rebellion's main reason was to destabilize the empire for Thalmor invasion. Everything is a Thalmor machination.

mainly because Ulfric is a Thalmor asset based on a dossier I picked up at the Thalmor embassy regarding Ulfric and his Thalmor connections.

Dammit how do you hide something in this forum?

Edited by chanchan05