question about porting a mod without distributing.

oriondean

if you port the mod for your game only then it is okay. no one can control what you do on your PC.

what if you are waiting for permission to offer the port for distribution but the author isnt returning your messages?

you must wait until permission is granted to release the mod other wise my above comment stands true.

I have contacted doodaboom before but I doubt he would respond now. I have tried to contact Jaysus before and he didn't respond either. Most of those old authors aren't around anymore. So in the end unless they indicate on the description page or in the perms section that the mod can be updated then you simply can't unfortunately.

What about a mod only found on a mediafire link? IE non-existent on nexus or Bethesda, no readme, instructions, no authors name, nothing.

I did download it though, (vigorous scanning b4 opening it).. it's a wicked armor from Assassin's Creed for oldrim, which I converted to SSE. Works great.

What about a mod only found on a mediafire link? IE non-existent on nexus or Bethesda, no readme, instructions, no authors name, nothing.

I did download it though, (vigorous scanning b4 opening it).. it's a wicked armor from Assassin's Creed for oldrim, which I converted to SSE. Works great.

well dont share it