New Features for nifscope

envyme

ok i am a pretty experienced modder from fallout and oblivion..but with the new tools coming out i am having to re learn everything to start modding again...and as ive gotten older my ability to learn and figure things out just isnt what it use to be...also working as much as i do its a pain to spend so much time trying to relearn everything. luckly most of it is the same but i do have a few questions.

1. how do i change the textures of a mesh in nifscope? i dont see the little paint pallet to click on like in the last one.

2. how do i extraxt the vanilla bsa files? do i need mod manager for that? if so does that work for textures and meshes?

3. i am a simple mesh and texture editor so what are the tools i will need this time aroune? will nifscope and paint.net be fine?

i apreciate any and all input. the sooner i figure this out the sooner i can start pumping out some mods.

I'm in the exact same boat. I got some basic working knowledge of NIFSkope with Morrowind but it's completely different now.

As for #2 -you can use the FALLOUT MOD MANAGER to extract fles from the BSA. I've done that and have been able to mess with the DDS textures some. FOMM will ask you which game you are using but I never even played FallOut or Fallout 2 so that shouldn't matter.

Edited by GMatthews