Black and almost completely transparent texture bugs

dxt1, 3 or 5 are the formats that are commonly used. normal map settings can sometimes screw with a texture. not being an expert I can only say from my own experience and what I have read having a texture appear as black is nine times out of ten a memory or CPU usage issue.

200 HD textures plus those of the game itself, new statics which includes duplicates of existing statics background scripts running adding to the background system processes puts a strain on a system and the older the system the bigger the strain. Its like a truck unloaded you get 20mpg, fill the bed and you get a slight reduction in gas mileage, add a trailer and slowly fill it up the worse your gas mileage.

LOL hows that for a backwoods analogy.

Edited by JoKelly

Oh damn I looked up on wiki and it said 2k resolution is x1080 but 1024 sounds right and makes more sense :/

As both of you have said I need to look at one texture at a time to solve it, i mean especially when I was changing the 200 textures each time dear god...

Also, I have been using mip maps each time other then the very first time like a month and a half ago. And im keeping the exact same n, and s .dds textures as were used in the working versions of the mod.

For now Im just gonna put it aside and try to finish converting a skyrim mod, unfortunately thats also giving me problems but at least its a change of scenery.

Thank you both for the help I really appreciate it!