CTD's every 15-20 minutes

djbauer

Load order is in the Spoiler tag.
It happens a lot heading toward Honningbrew Meadery away from Whiterun, but also at various other points across the map.
Tried starting a new save and I'm still getting the problem.
Load order sorted by LOOT.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
6 6 ApachiiHair.esm
7 7 ApachiiHairFemales.esm
8 8 ApachiiHairMales.esm
9 9 Campfire.esm
10 a SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
11 b WhiterunHoldForest.esp
12 c Cutting Room Floor.esp
13 d Skyrim Sizes.esp
14 e ValdacilsItemSorting.esp
15 f Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
16 10 Dark_Eden_Forests.esp
17 11 Eli_Breezehome.esp
18 12 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
19 13 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
20 14 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
21 15 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
22 16 Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
23 17 Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp
24 18 VISPatch-BookCovers.esp
25 19 BetterQuestObjectives.esp
26 1a BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
27 1b dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
28 1c ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
29 1d SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrimSE.esp
30 1e Man Those Borders!.esp
31 1f Windhelm Exterior Altered.esp
32 20 RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
33 21 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
34 22 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
35 23 Point The Way.esp
36 24 SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp
37 25 BirdsAndFlocks_SSE.esp
38 26 Artifacts.esp
39 27 JKs Whiterun.esp
40 28 JK's Riverwood.esp
41 29 [email protected]
42 2a Frostfall.esp
43 2b Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
44 2c Warhammer Gameroom.esp
45 2d SassyGirls.esp
46 2e LADX_SSE.esp
47 2f The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
48 30 BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
49 31 HoldBorderBanners.esp
50 32 Runandwalkpaces.esp
51 33 skysan_icicle.esp
52 34 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
53 35 dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
54 36 LeatherBackpackStraps-100.esp
55 37 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
56 38 RealisticNeedsandDiseases_Frostfall Patch.esp
57 39 VisualAnimatedEnchants.esp
58 3a KameHameHa.esp
59 3b FurSet by keung.esp
60 3c CiriOutfit.esp
61 3d Footprints.esp
62 3e SprintStaminaDrain.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp
63 3f Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Weathers.esp
64 40 Vivid WeathersSE.esp
65 41 InTheClear_RLOPatch.esp
66 42 CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
67 43 SexyVest.esp
68 44 LeatherBound Huntress Armor.esp
69 45 VISPatch-ImmersiveSounds.esp
70 46 BossChest.esp
71 47 HighHrothgar ShelterS.esp
72 48 PolarBear.esp
73 49 WhiterunStableGuards.esp
74 4a JokerinePenguins.esp
75 4b Mani Follower.esp
76 4c 1nivWICCloaks.esp
77 4d VISPatch-ImmersiveArmors.esp
78 4e VISPatch-Campfire.esp
79 4f VISPatch-CuttingRoomFloor.esp
80 50 VISPatch-Frostfall.esp
81 51 VISPatch-WICCloaks.esp
82 52 Beards.esp
83 53 ISD_LongclawCrafting.esp
84 54 ApachiiHairNPC-Females.esp
85 55 ApachiiHairNPC-Males.esp
86 56 icepenguinworldmap.esp
87 57 RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp
88 58 MasterSword.esp
89 59 FNIS.esp
90 5a XPMSSE.esp
91 5b FNISspells.esp
92 5c Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
93 5d ImperialFineClothes.esp
94 5e Ophelia.esp
95 5f Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
96 60 Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp

DJ well now after looking over your load order I can see two mods for which in my humble opinion would conflict and are the last two in your load order.

Alternate Start- Live another Life

Alternate Start- New Beginnings

If I am not mistaken don't both of these mods do pretty much the same thing? The change the start of the very beginning of the game? Now if I were you I'd choose one or the other and not both and that there might just clear some things up for you.

DJ well now after looking over your load order I can see two mods for which in my humble opinion would conflict and are the last two in your load order.

Alternate Start- Live another Life

Alternate Start- New Beginnings

If I am not mistaken don't both of these mods do pretty much the same thing? The change the start of the very beginning of the game? Now if I were you I'd choose one or the other and not both and that there might just clear some things up for you.

New Beginnings adds more choices to Live Another Life and CTD's were happening before i implemented these mods.

Means 2 things, if your ctd issues may be stemming to save corruption due to a overload of script in the skyrim engine.

You ought to get your save cleaned out for any orphan scripts. See the papyrus logs for any insane repetitive long script that seems to be non stop.

I've tried cleaning my original save and it's still happening.

Also happening on brand new saves. :confused:

EDIT: I'm so stupid, forgot to mention also have a reshade and ENB active, could they be pert of the problem?

Edited by djbauer

Frankly the only solution i can give you. Is this, restart a whole new save clean game with only alternate start.

• Start a new fresh game, wait 15-20 minutes just running around and see if you get any ctd, the goal is to see if the problem is the vanilla game itself.
  • Alright let's assume it ain't and you can play without any ctd, pat yourself in the back because the next part is gonna suck.
  • Turn off the game, activate 5-10 mods. Only activate 5 to 10 mods you cannot live without. This is where you only activate mods, EVERYONE USE, write down every mods you activate in groups of 5 or 10.
  • Repeat this annoying process until you hit the batch of broken mods that will suddenly do the whole 15 minute ctd problem you got.
  • Put on a sherlock holms hat and Investigate each of them suspected mods, go read the nexus forum of the mod maker, see if folks have made complaints.
  • Turn off all 5-10 mods, and repeat the previous steps with each mod till you ctd and find the perp. Terminate said perp, no mercy shall be given, no second chances and no bloody excuses.

This is frankly a brutal manner to find whatever it is that is f*#@ing up your fun. Everyone got a different load order of mods and sometimes having a certain mod with another mod will cause ctd issues. Half of the fun of modding is fixing the ctd and getting it all to work in harmony.

Edited by pathtopower

Frankly the only solution i can give you. Is this, restart a whole new save clean game with only alternate start.

• Start a new fresh game, wait 15-20 minutes just running around and see if you get any ctd, the goal is to see if the problem is the vanilla game itself.
  • Alright let's assume it ain't and you can play without any ctd, pat yourself in the back because the next part is gonna suck.
  • Turn off the game, activate 5-10 mods. Only activate 5 to 10 mods you cannot live without. This is where you only activate mods, EVERYONE USE, write down every mods you activate in groups of 5 or 10.
  • Repeat this annoying process until you hit the batch of broken mods that will suddenly do the whole 15 minute ctd problem you got.
  • Put on a sherlock holms hat and Investigate each of them suspected mods, go read the nexus forum of the mod maker, see if folks have made complaints.
  • Turn off all 5-10 mods, and repeat the previous steps with each mod till you ctd and find the perp. Terminate said perp, no mercy shall be given, no second chances and no bloody excuses.

This is frankly a brutal manner to find whatever it is that is f***ing up your fun. Everyone got a different load order of mods and sometimes having a certain mod with another mod will cause ctd issues. Half of the fun of modding is fixing the ctd and getting it all to work in harmony.

I was afraid it would come to this... :pinch:

Just wondering if I may be missing patches for a mod or two... :confused:

Thanks for the replies guys.

djbauer Another thing you might want to try out has to do with the FNIS mod. Now I don't use it yet but something tells me you might have forgotten a file that has to do with that mod. Or forgotten to do something for which is required for that mod. Because If I remember right from reading the mod page there is allot more you need to do then just downloading , installing and activating that mod.

Also don't remember your mod list and haven't looked at it. But if your using Open Cities by Almoor you might want to consider dropping that mod as well. I was having random CTD's and broken quests and such. Since I've deleted Open Cities no more CTDs. I do have to start the game over though but before I do going to use this current play through to test some more mods for which I want to possibly add.<G>