Arrows not hitting distant targets anymore?

djd1985

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having this issue. Could it be caused by a mod that changes anything under archery maybe?

Edit;

Found this on the wiki.

Maximum range
The maximum range is a range that is universal for both bows and crossbows. It is the maximum range an arrow or bolt will travel from the Dragonborn before it stops doing damage. This range usually occurs around 60m-65m. At this point, all arrows and bolts will do no damage to the target, regardless of whether or not the target is in rendering range of the archer. Arrows and bolts that hit a foe past this range will most often clip through them and continue traveling until hitting an object (i.e. a tree, the ground, etc.). A non-hostile character will not become hostile when this happens, however an already hostile character will immediately begin to look for the Dragonborn if the projectile lands close enough.

Sooo. Now gotta find a way to edit maximum range.

Edited by hg478

• 1 month later...

In documents/mygames/skyrim open skyrim.ini

add the following lines to make you shoot far, you can make this value as high as you want but I wouldn't go above 20000 since that's already further than you can see enemies:

[Actor]
fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=14000.0000

By the way if you want the arrow to fly towards the crosshair:

[Combat]

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

Set these values to 0.0

Edited by Valkasha

• 4 years later...

To all there still searching a solution.

I had a same problem of non-hitting distant arrows. I inserted the script, but whatever number I typed there, no change. If you have it the same, try to change character fade in display settings in game. It should be fully on the left. The bug should be fixed if you slide it all the way to the right.

• 2 years later...