Connecting assets to the workshop "workshopitemkeyword"

greekrage

A quick question...

Is there an easier way to connect resources to the workshop ??

Example :

I have 10 beds and want to connect them to the settlement workshop to be accounted for and assignable.

Do i have to do each one separately or is there a way to group them and do it only once..

Same applies for multiple crops...

Yes...you can use the batch action window. Select the multiple resource items you want to link, type on your "-" (dash) key and that will bring up the Reference Batch Action window. All the selected refs should appear in the Selected References list.

Then all you need to do is link them to the workbench as you normally would...use the Select Reference in Render Window Button or use the Cell and Reference pulldown menus. Once the workbench is selected, the keyword pulldown menu should appear and you can apply the keyword. When all that is done, click the "Do" button.

The one part of this I don't like is that there is ZERO feedback to tell you that your batch task has been completed. A pop up dialog telling you the batch was successfully done would be helpful, but there isn't anything. I always open up a couple of my refs just to double check everything linked up as intended.

Yes...you can use the batch action window. Select the multiple resource items you want to link, type on your "-" (dash) key and that will bring up the Reference Batch Action window. All the selected refs should appear in the Selected References list.

Then all you need to do is link them to the workbench as you normally would...use the Select Reference in Render Window Button or use the Cell and Reference pulldown menus. Once the workbench is selected, the keyword pulldown menu should appear and you can apply the keyword. When all that is done, click the "Do" button.

The one part of this I don't like is that there is ZERO feedback to tell you that your batch task has been completed. A pop up dialog telling you the batch was successfully done would be helpful, but there isn't anything. I always open up a couple of my refs just to double check everything linked up as intended.

Thanks bro youre a life saver... I just went and did 29 beds in my state prison mod without this info and all most cried... :tongue:

Even easier for things that just need linkref but no keyword.

Click the 'from' object(s)

Ctrl-click the 'to' object

Ctrl-shift-space

Handy for linking patrol markers, just ctrl-click them in the order you want them to be, ctrl-shift-space once.

yeah but does linking them without the keyword still give the link its needed qualities/functions??

Also i appreciate yet another helpfull shortcut but imagine that 29 beds scattered inside the prison and the work bench is outside hence not in a visible location. So grouping all of them and THEN going outside and link them once is a lot easier.

Even easier for things that just need linkref but no keyword.

Click the 'from' object(s)

Ctrl-click the 'to' object

Ctrl-shift-space

Handy for linking patrol markers, just ctrl-click them in the order you want them to be, ctrl-shift-space once.

yeahÃÂ butÃÂ doesÃÂ linkingÃÂ themÃÂ withoutÃÂ theÃÂ keywordÃÂ stillÃÂ giveÃÂ theÃÂ linkÃÂ itsÃÂ neededÃÂ qualities/functions??

AlsoÃÂ iÃÂ appreciate yetÃÂ anotherÃÂ helpfullÃÂ shortcutÃÂ ÃÂ butÃÂ imagine thatÃÂ 29ÃÂ bedsÃÂ scattered insideÃÂ theÃÂ prisonÃÂ andÃÂ theÃÂ workÃÂ benchÃÂ isÃÂ outsideÃÂ henceÃÂ notÃÂ inÃÂ a visibleÃÂ ÃÂ location.ÃÂ SoÃÂ groupingÃÂ allÃÂ ofÃÂ themÃÂ andÃÂ THENÃÂ goingÃÂ outsideÃÂ andÃÂ linkÃÂ them onceÃÂ isÃÂ a lotÃÂ easier.

This tip was not for your original question, this was for when they do not require ire a keyword.

I should have been clearly, my apologies.