Blacksmith - Custom Crafting

DrStupid87

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of designing your own weapons?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let me tell you what I think in the comments

1.) Theoretically, you would just need a .nif for each part of the weapon, not every single combination, and they'd just be snapped together like a lego set. Of course I don't imagine a weapon editor in Skyrim would be like Spore's so much as selecting from a list of pre-determined parts which will end up going in predetermined areas.

2.) Also, spore managed to encode creatures, buildings, and vehicles into a .jpg format, I think that's a little advanced for our capabilities.

1 - Exactly! It's over my head, but it shouldn't be as data encumbering as previously suggested. To me, it's just an aesthetic idea anyway.

2 - Seeing all the mods that there are, I highly doubt, with as talented as some of the modders are, that they wouldn't figure out a way, even without the CK.

I like that nif idea. If I get ten weekends worth of compltley free time I may just have a look at doing something like this. Unfortunatley, that's a long shot. If any of you other guys fancy trying this, feel free. The internet will love you after it's done.

What's CK? Glad you like it! I wonder how many people would make knock off master swords if this mod existed? I'd have about 50

The CK is the Construction Kit. It's the official Beth' released tool pack for modding Elder Scrolls games. So far, all of their open world RPGs (Elder Scrolls and Fallout series') have had them. They're basically the tools the developers themselves use, and are one of the reasons why modding is so popular for these games.

I like this idea im prety sure it wouldn't be hard to open up the models and copy out the sections of the weapons and make them seperate items and make them random loot or seperate craftables . then you could put them togeathe in a KOTOR style type crafting

Coincidentally, I posted about something like this a couple days ago. Mine isn't quite a elaborate as this, I'm "only" swapping textures. Although the other bits might be more challenging. I know virtually nothing of the backend of Gamebryo, so I don't know if you can mix and match mesh and texture.

What's CK? Glad you like it! I wonder how many people would make knock off master swords if this mod existed? I'd have about 50

The CK is the Construction Kit. It's the official Beth' released tool pack for modding Elder Scrolls games. So far, all of their open world RPGs (Elder Scrolls and Fallout series') have had them. They're basically the tools the developers themselves use, and are one of the reasons why modding is so popular for these games.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks. It's a shame the console versions don't have access to mods. One hell of a way to extend the shelf life of a game.