Favorite Rock Videos

gandalftw

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay maybe not ...

One of the greatest collaborations of all time.

Even Paul McCartney said this was how the song was supposed to be performed, but the Studio wouldn't let them, because it wasn't The Beattles "style"

I've not heard of the first artists or the third but The Traveling Wilburys i seem to recognize.. :tongue: Hehe..Zeus, i wish i were the age i was when that video was made.

Okay maybe not ...

One of the greatest collaborations of all time.

Even Paul McCartney said this was how the song was supposed to be performed, but the Studio wouldn't let them, because it wasn't The Beattles "style"

I've not heard of the first artists or the third but The Traveling Wilburys i seem to recognize.. :tongue: Hehe..Zeus, i wish i were the age i was when that video was made.

Well, to be fair, the first is a popular "Club" DJ, who remixes old songs with extra drums and stuff. In this case the iconic Joan Jett classic.

The third is by an Australian Singer/Entertainer, who is one of Australia's favourite sons, with a very unique voice. One of the very few singers who could perform live without any backing or augmentation whatsoever, and be just as good as when he was in a studio.

When Paul McCartney heard John Farnham's version, he apparently got very emotional and told Mr Farnham, that this was how he had intended the song to be done, as a ballad to lost love, rather than as the lighter toned "Happy" song it was released by the Beatles as.

The Traveling Wilbury's were a bunch of old farts from Rock/Pop legend, (Tom Petty, George Harrison, etc.) who got together to create some "folk music". They all collaborated in the writing and performing. They rose to eminence just after Roy Orbison sadly past away. (hence his unique vocals in the audio, but only a portrait of him in the video)