Whiterun Storage glitch?

nuii37

I haven't really played the game yet but my boyfriend (who is playing it) keeps having problems with the storage in Whiterun. He says that from time to time when he has a lot of expensive stuff in there he leaves then comes back and everything is gone. Now hes just scared to store anything there because of how it disappears so randomly. Normally I'd let this pass and ignore it but he keeps bitching about it. So I've looked it up (half ass-ed may i add) and have come up with nothing (duh) There seems to be no known glitch about this storage place. It has happened twice maybe 3 times. And its rather annoying every time he loses everything. I understand his pain of losing things he has worked hard for. Farming and all. Anybody got an idea as to what this is? :psyduck:

anything left OUTSIDE in barrols is lost cause but I have had the same type issues with the whiterun house Breezehome I dont think of dressers and nightstands as storage so I never use them. But the 2 chests should be "safe" not allways true.. Lost a great deal of items from the chest in the bedroom

the containers outside the house don't usually "reset", but it is known to happen...

for me it is a way to add some realism to the outside containers...

why would you ever let stuff lying where a fellow thief can get them?

you'll have to carve the 'protected' sign into those crates before they are safe for the thieves guild... :pirate:

Even in my own houses I will lock everything valuable in chests or my safe by "lock 100" before I leave, cant trust those housecarls... allways drinking, eating and sniffing around...

edited for grammar... :yucky:

Edited by DarkSoul1977

the containers outside the house don't usually "reset", but it is known to happen...

for me it is a way to add some realism to the outside containers...

why would you ever let stuff lying where a fellow thief can get them?

you'll have to carve the 'protected' sign into those crates before they are safe for the thieves guild... :pirate:

Even in my own houses I will lock everything valuable in chests or my safe by "lock 100" before I leave, cant trust those housecarls... allways drinking, eating and sniffing around...

edited for grammar... :yucky:

Thanks! I told him this and he had no idea what a protection carving was so he is going to try it now! If it keeps happening then there is probably nothing that he can do it about. :dance:

Edited by nuii37

the protection carving is impossible to do...

you have seen the carvings around the houses everywhere? these are carvings of the thieves guild to inform fellow thieves...

you sadly can't do this yourselves...

but I do not use any outside storage, I put everything in my legally stolen for houses :ninja: ...

if you really want a house for storage, but can't afford it, use console to add money "player.additem 0000000f amount" and buy the friggin place ;)

unless you play on console, then you have to earn/steal the money...